[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

STOP THE SCAMMERS!STOP THE MADNESS!POLICY CHANGE?

AkiroAkiro
Reactions: 860
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hullo, it has recently come to my attention that IT FREKIN SUCKS TO GET SCAMMED. I WORKED HARD FOR THAT $20 NX AND SOMEONE BY THE NAME OF[Removed]. Apparently GMs don't have as much power (as we think they do) and they can't ban players for scamming people and RUINING THEIR MAPLESTORY EXPERIENCE. I believe that nexon should give more power to gms so they can actually please the majority of the community, cause they're GAME MASTERS it's what they're supposed to do. I'm totally over it (not really) but we really have to do something about these scammers, it's really not cool.
I also think that NX should be allowed to be traded because...there's nothing wrong with it (except for the scamming part). It's a form of using real currency to get mesos and fund yourself there's nothing wrong with that. And GMs shouldn't use the excuse "Well it was in the terms of service" because no one reads it, I just click agree. I learned in ap computer science that terms of service was made that long so no one will spend the time actually reading it (something about the law?)
Thank you for hearing me out
By: Aki-unluckiro :(

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Akiro wrote: »
    Hullo, it has recently come to my attention that IT FREKIN SUCKS TO GET SCAMMED. I WORKED HARD FOR THAT $20 NX AND SOMEONE BY THE NAME OF [Removed]. Apparently GMs don't have as much power (as we think they do) and they can't ban players for scamming people and RUINING THEIR MAPLESTORY EXPERIENCE. I believe that nexon should give more power to gms so they can actually please the majority of the community, cause they're GAME MASTERS it's what they're supposed to do. I'm totally over it (not really) but we really have to do something about these scammers, it's really not cool.
    I also think that NX should be allowed to be traded because...there's nothing wrong with it (except for the scamming part). It's a form of using real currency to get mesos and fund yourself there's nothing wrong with that. And GMs shouldn't use the excuse "Well it was in the terms of service" because no one reads it, I just click agree. I learned in ap computer science that terms of service was made that long so no one will spend the time actually reading it (something about the law?)
    Thank you for hearing me out
    By: Aki-unluckiro :(

the GM's have the power to ban due to "scamming" but they dont due to the fact that most of the scamming is done through shady , non legal trades that nexon doen't advise you do or part take in nor do they support them.

selling NX directly (not as Maple points) and meso transactions that go beyond the meso cap are things they do not advise people do, nor do they protect you if someone decides not to hold up their end of the bargain because they do not support such deals.

these things are mentioned somewhere in the rules and in the ToS/ToU.

if you want to sell your NX you have to do it legally through the Meso market, otherwise you are doing it illegally and have added possibility of getting scammed. You have no one else to blame for you getting scammed other than yourself, especially as we have the meso market.

and Dude, just because "Lol No one reads the Terms of Service" doesn't invalidate that those are the RULES of using the service that you Agreed to. That's like breaking into someones car to steal it, getting caught and then going "Who reads all the laws, I'm not a Lawyer, and it's just an excuse for me to be in trouble" when you live in a place where Theft is illegal.

I'm also pretty sure southpark did an episode (or more) explicitly about the "Blindly agreeing to Terms of Service" which was funny, over the top but also pretty true about the fact that there in lies stuff that you agree to that will effect you (such as rules of using the service, possibly allowing the selling or sharing of data and or other info, location tracking.. other)

Nexon do not agree with doing the things that get you scammed and therefore do not put any support for people that do those things nor will they enforce a slanted view of justice just because you got the bad end of a shady deal that, in their rules, they do not support.
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Hello. Selling NX directly to other players is against the rules, partially for this very reason.

If you wish to sell Maple Points legally and without any risk of being scammed, you should purchase a Maple Point coupon in the cash shop to convert your NX to Maple Points. Then, go to any town and select "Quick Move". In the Quick Move menu, select the icon of the girl carrying a book with an "M" on it. This will allow you to sell Maple Points at a player-defined rate based on current transactions, and also allow you to buy Maple Points with mesos at the same rate.

In addition, please do not accuse players of scamming. We have a naming-shaming rule on the forums. Please report the player in a ticket or in-game.

Flagging @Akiro so you can see this.

Also, I'm not sure what your teacher taught you in AP computer science, but Terms of Service are legal disclaimers that describe your relationship with the game and game company; this allows companies to enforce the rules they put down, ban users at their discretion, disavow themselves of any illegal activities occurring in-game and so on. What your teacher may have meant was that many people do not tend to read the terms of service, and he was encouraging you to break that habit and be careful what you sign up for. I would note that either way, it was probably just your teacher's opinion. I'm majoring in computer science, they do not encourage you to break the terms of service.

Other than that I will be locking this thread for discussion of NX transactions. I'm sorry you were scammed, but as the in-games tips say, you can't receive compensation for illegal transactions. Take more caution in the future.
    Its2Sharp4UCatooolooo
This discussion has been closed.