[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Opening MS error

SlayerJSlayerJ
Reactions: 1,090
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
Since the Schedule Maintenance on July 13th, whenever I try to open MS it gives me this instead.
http://imgur.com/a/HYo4L
(Picture attached)

Doesn't even give an error notification, just that tiny window. I already had to reDownload Ms because of the last update to the game, it was working fine after that. I'd really rather not have to reDL a second time in one week. ]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I ended up screwing up the files trying to fix it, so I trashed everything and now I'm just redownloading. This is extremely frustrating. Came back to MS for this Override update after a few years hiatus and all these issues constantly.

Comments

• GoldenswordGoldensword
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    same problem.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14780/blank-screen-fix-via-nexon-support#latest

VFM merged two of my threads, the temporary fix to this issue will be the second comment. The one that says "this those having Nexon launcher issues"

Not the first post but right under it. With the steps (post that says I already sent a ticket to support) will have the temp fix, kinda difficult to point out a solution since there's the two issues that were merged by the VFM since he thought they were related. If you have any questions let me know, cause this issue still happens. And this is the only way I know that will allow you to play until they fix the launcher
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    edited July 2017
    The problem started up again. =/ Tried clicking that support link but I got this message

"oops
    You're not authorized to access this page
    Take me back to the home page"

Can't open Ms and can't open how to fix it. gg.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also I tried that other fix, the copy/deleting etc thing the first time this happened, which is what made me just redownload the entire thing because some file was missing on my end, so I couldn't duplicate the process 100% truly.
    edited July 2017
    SlayerJ wrote: »
    The problem started up again. =/ Tried clicking that support link but I got this message

"oops
    You're not authorized to access this page
    Take me back to the home page"

Can't open Ms and can't open how to fix it. gg.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also I tried that other fix, the copy/deleting etc thing the first time this happened, which is what made me just redownload the entire thing because some file was missing on my end, so I couldn't duplicate the process 100% truly.

Try using steam launcher, thats what I was suggested by 3 GM support members. They said while they look into the Nexon launcher issue. If you use steam however, youll have to download the game as you cant import from outside.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    edited July 2017
    Got the problem AGAIN. Fourth time in a week. Constantly redownloading the entire game because Nexon can't fix this problem.

And I used the steam launcher in the past, but when the nexon launcher came out, it started giving me issues so I switched.
    edited July 2017
    SlayerJ wrote: »
    Got the problem AGAIN. Fourth time in a week. Constantly redownloading the entire game because Nexon can't fix this problem.

everyone that has switched to steam via suggestion of support hasnt had the issue anymore, most likely the issue with launcher will be addressed next week or next maint, my speculation