[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sharing Familiars

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Or maybe share with one character per day or week. It cant be too easy just alternating familiars when we want to.
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    Q: If all characters share the same familiar, will the player be able to name them differently for each character?

This.
    That's the reason why the account sharing with familiars wouldn't work. It would make more sense if we could remove them from our familiar book and place them back into our Use Inventory for other purposes. Maybe the draw back could be that we can't remove them entirely from the codex, but only decrease their vitality to default when they were first registered (as in back to 1 orb). So for example, if you don't have two or more vitality registered to the familiar, you can't convert the second or third vitality orb it into a card to place back into your Use inventory.

As for the familiar renaming, we could spend a certain amount of mesos to rename our familiars to something new. I've always pictured the renaming system to be similar to the medal reissuing system, where the fee adds an extra 0 to the sum the more you try to reissue for a medal you want back, and then stop at a certain limit.
    JettLuvsU
  • UnitUnit
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited July 2017
    Familiar renaming would indeed be nice. I have a ton of familiars that could use new names.
    MrGoomba wrote: »
    As for the familiar renaming, we could spend a certain amount of mesos to rename our familiars to something new. I've always pictured the renaming system to be similar to the medal reissuing system, where the fee adds an extra 0 to the sum the more you try to reissue for a medal you want back, and then stop at a certain limit.

If this becomes legit, then my mesos are damn ready.
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    It's the only drawbacks I can think of that could work for the system. Just as long as it doesn't require NX cash.