[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
CAPTCHA for Users Suspected of Hacking
First of all, I think there should be more/better ways of determining if someone is hacking.
Some potential ideas could be:
- Not taking damage for a long time whilst standing in areas where monsters spawn
- Killing a monster simultaneously from a very far distance (I understand that this could be a problem for certain classes, but it could be triggered by a counter or something)
- Not using in-game chat/chatting with npcs for an extended period of time
- Not visiting the cash shop for an extended period of time
- Increased prejudice for Blaze Wizards and Kannas
There are others , but these are what I have off the top of my head.
The main point
of this post is to explain my idea to bring up a CAPTCHA window for any users who are suspected of hacking or using bots in-game.
The CAPTCHA wouldn't have to be that
difficult to read, since I imagine getting a CAPTCHA-reading bot to work in-game is probably enough of a challenge for hackers anyway and the whole purpose is simply to force people to keep an eye on their game.
If the suspected "bot" fails to respond to the CAPTCHA in a certain amount of time (let's say 30 seconds as an example), it kicks them out of the game. Since this automated system is not perfect, it would never have the ability to ban a user from the game.
Please let me know what you guys think of this suggestion and feel free to offer any of your own ideas.
TL;DR: CAPTCHA people who are suspected of hacking and kick them if they do not respond to the CAPTCHA