[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do we need to redownload the whole Maplestory ?

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
First time in PTS. Do we need to download the wohle game content / maplestory client again for PTS? Or we can use the same Maplestory Client as the normal one?

Comments

• duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Dude, wait for it to be release first before asking questions no one knows the answer to...
  • GingeTasticGingeTastic
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    First time in PTS. Do we need to download the wohle game content / maplestory client again for PTS? Or we can use the same Maplestory Client as the normal one?

Just to clarify, are you asking about a separate Nexon Launcher, and game file, or are you asking if it would simply update the current Maple game file to include a Tespia server?

In case that helps clarify for others wondering as well.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Wow I will rethink again if i have to download a huge batch of probably 10 GB or something and install it into my computer. It is quite inconvinient. But lets see how this will go. Can i instead of downloading the whole content from maplestory website, but just copying the whole content from my currentlty maplestory files in my computer into another folder and then connect it to the PTS game launcher and then update it? So i won't have to redownload the whole content again?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Wow I will rethink again if i have to download a huge batch of probably 10 GB or something and install it into my computer. It is quite inconvinient. But lets see how this will go. Can i instead of downloading the whole content from maplestory website, but just copying the whole content from my currentlty maplestory files in my computer into another folder and then connect it to the PTS game launcher and then update it? So i won't have to redownload the whole content again?

It will redownload the whole thing anyway.
    It's a different product, and as far as the Nexon Launcher is concerned, what you just described makes as much sense as copying your Maple files to the Combat Arms directory and telling it to update Combat Arms instead of fully downloading it.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Oh i have just read that We can level up freely on test server? I was actually think that i will need to grind again to high level ,hours and hours, just to reach the minimum level to test out new update xD. That will be inconvicient coz all of my char is in reboot and we can't access reboot content on PTS. But if i can level up as i desire and test anything inside the game, that would be very cool, will save a lot of time. If that so, downloading the whole content might not be a problem since i will not be using a lot of times on grinding my char into high level and can just focus on finding if there is any bug xD. I am up for this hahaha.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Noted Akradian. Can you confirm whether we need to grind in this PTS? or we are given a special permission to level up easily? DOesn't makes sense actually if we have to grind to high level again. >.< Can we teleport anywhere inside the game? Haha sorry for too many question, i actually excited lololol
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    They haven't told us whether we'll have a level-up NPC.

We shouldn't need it, because the idea is for people to test content on their real characters with all their existing gear and quest history and stuff.
    I assume the people from Reboot and Luna will test low-level content or events that don't have level requirements. Somebody has to check that things like tutorial quests work right and have no typos.
    One reason the previous Tespia was closed is that most people just went "oh I can finally be 200 and beat Zakum" and didn't do any testing, just played around with the free level up and gear on various classes they didn't know how to play. We don't want that happening again.

But as I said, they haven't told us. I suppose we'll find out when the Tespia Update Notes show up.
    duelghostGuardianBahamaut
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Yes. If you want us to help testing low-level content or events it is also okay. But if it is true, we hope the Developers/Maplestory doesn't have high expectation on us to test high level game content as we will not be able to without level-up NPC. As for people who just signing up to test out classes, it will be GM job to sort people which individual who really contribute and who doesn't.