[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

FriendStory

ange1DoIIange1DoII
Reactions: 1,495
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
So I've been avoiding doing Friend story for a while now, and just starting it up on my main (Last time i did it i think i only got up to chapter 2) is it worth to do all the quest lines for Friendstory?

Comments

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    Friendstory is definitely my second favourite blockbuster, right behind Heroes of Maple. It's a fun little sidestory that takes you away from the whole Black Mage thing, and lets you worry about school life...kind of. Well, point is, it's fun and interesting, and the rewards you can exchange for the needles are pretty great.
    Traveler5577
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It's hella grindy though. Every ten minutes goes basically like this: two minutes of interesting dialogue/cutscenes, one minute of walking to your next objective, and seven minutes of grinding monsters with terrible spawn rate at said objective. So it's 20% fun and 80%... well, MapleStory.

In terms of range progression, I don't think it offers any remotely essential items. Except Bits, I guess. I don't even remember how those work since it's been so long lol, but I think they're stat boosts. That expire.

The chairs and damage skins are pretty nice, though.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I only ever played Friendstory before the bonus musical chapter was added, but if you consider a funny story and cute characters a nice reward, then it is worth it.
    The biggest issue as far as I can tell is the bits where you have to kill monsters for whatever reason, and a lot of the quests call for item drops that don't have the best spawn rate, on top of the mobs having a bad spawn rate, and the maps are anything but generous in size.
    As far as I can remember, the rewards are limited to a medal, Inventory Expansion coupons, and Hugh Head Needles, which you can use to buy chairs and coupons or something that will let you "merge" the look of a school uniform to your Overalls.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

It is defenetly worth it!
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2017
    FriendStory has some of the best writer filled with clean humor, pop culture references, and Hawkeye mutilating the French language.

Completing all the episodes unlocks a daily dungeon you can do 10x a day with monsters scaling to your level, making it another option to add in your routine. If music is your forte, there are two musical themed damage skins you can obtain for your character.

My only one minor gripe are the school uniform covers. You can only use them on overall armors, meaning you can say Au Revoir to wearing one with a CRA set. (See Hawkeye? THAT is how you speak the language of love properly!)
    InvulgoMorningAfterSeven
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I suppose it's worth it if you like highschool anime.

Personally I ran away screaming after one or two chapters.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited August 2017
    i love friendstory even how that class is from their world... i have to do it playing him one of these days... maybe zero sence i have a good outfit for female zero :3.... need new sunglasses perma Cash shop thou and the silver chain hat.. xD
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I am level 217 so i don't really benefit but thought may as well do it because why not :P it'll take the boredom out for alittle bit
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    Friendstory...the grind killed any humor it had for me. 0/10 would not do again.
    Traveler5577
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited August 2017
    even for that chance to get the mount to sit next to popular girl in school?? u kidding me? i want my female zero to have that chance :o
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I suppose it's worth it if you like highschool anime.

Personally I ran away screaming after one or two chapters.

To be fair, there are some pretty good highschool anime out there. I like Gamers and Highschool of the Elite in the current Summer 2017 lineup.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    HawkeyeJob.png

scholar624MorningAfterSeven
  • Hero702Hero702
    Reactions: 300
    Umm what happened to FriendStory?