[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Your character having multiple response options.

Jesus1254789Jesus1254789
Reactions: 610
Posts: 18
Member
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So, a while ago I posted a thread asking how people feel about their character being able to talk. My issue stemmed more from having my character act or say something I would never say and I feel like it breaks the immersion when playing the game.

I think it would be to hard to omit your character's responses completely, so why not make it so you can choose from a list of responses when talking to npcs like other games such as Fallout or The Walking Dead game from TellTale. I feel like this can give your character way more personality and could even make gameplay richer by having what you say effect your traits. So, if you say something an empathetic, your empathy increases.

I've seen some instances like this when playing MS, but not a whole lot.
What's your opinion?

Thank you!

(Just realized there was a suggestion forum...)
  1. Would you like your character to have multiple responses when taking to NPCs?8 votes
    1. Yes
       63% (5 votes)
    2. No
       38% (3 votes)

Comments

  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited August 2017
    Way too much work, when most folks just spam the space bar to get through the NPC convo as quick as possible to get back to grinding.
    JettLuvsUIvangold
  • Jesus1254789Jesus1254789
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited August 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Way too much work, when most folks just spam the space bar to get through the NPC convo as quick as possible to get back to grinding.

    Right! Reason for this is most likely because the interactions aren't engaging. This idea might combat that.


  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited August 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Way too much work, when most folks just spam the space bar to get through the NPC convo as quick as possible to get back to grinding.

    Right! Reason for this is most likely because the interactions aren't engaging. This idea might combat that.


    eh tbh Telltale games have a facade of giving you options but they dont really matter most of the time because they want to push a distinct narrative.

    also people skip, not because it's not engaging, but they skip because they mostly are not playing for the story element, they mostly want "just give me my rewards so i can keep (training,bossing, other)"

    I feel like giving more options ,if done right, would be too much work due to the low amount of people who would genuinly care about that specific part of the storytelling compared to the lore and story as a whole of the maple world; If done wrong, would just not remedy the issue you have.
    JettLuvsU
  • Jesus1254789Jesus1254789
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited August 2017
    https://gyazo.com/b30b61dfe229d7390168fe94b1ac141a

    I was thinking more responses like this! It doesn't have to be with every dialogue, just the ones where our characters speak.
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Way too much work, when most folks just spam the space bar to get through the NPC convo as quick as possible to get back to grinding.

    Right! Reason for this is most likely because the interactions aren't engaging. This idea might combat that.


    eh tbh Telltale games have a facade of giving you options but they dont really matter most of the time because they want to push a distinct narrative.

    also people skip, not because it's not engaging, but they skip because they mostly are not playing for the story element, they mostly want "just give me my rewards so i can keep (training,bossing, other)"

    I feel like giving more options ,if done right, would be too much work due to the low amount of people who would genuinly care about that specific part of the storytelling compared to the lore and story as a whole of the maple world; If done wrong, would just not remedy the issue you have.

    Then we don't have to be like TellTale. I'm using their example of multiple response choices as an example. I'm not saying they're the best.

    I think that's a broad statement to say.


    https://gyazo.com/b30b61dfe229d7390168fe94b1ac141a

    I was thinking more responses like this! It doesn't have to be with every dialogue, just the ones where our characters speak.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 66
    Member
    edited August 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Way too much work, when most folks just spam the space bar to get through the NPC convo as quick as possible to get back to grinding.

    Wouldn't happen if quests were equally as valuable as grinding but most quests are a waste of time and most of the chat-story is also a huge waste of time.