[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Drop rate formula

Comments

• BleuteBleute
    Reactions: 450
    edited August 2017
    I got 3 more hours of training in today before the maintenance hit, and this time I found 1 arcane symbol. Though I can't 100% confirm it, there definitely seems to have been a nerf with the symbols since even at times (prior to this update) when I'd train without drop gear on I'd still find at least 4-5 or so per hour and it was fairly consistent. On the other hand, nodestones seem to be dropping at only a slightly lower rate for me than before, which isn't as terrible as I had expected so I guess I can deal with that. I have off work Monday so I'll see if I can record a nice long video of a (possibly all day) training session and upload it to my YouTube channel.

kLsaUAI.jpg
    xOmq26F.jpg
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited August 2017
    Whenever I kill bosses for reward points/farm nodestones after this patch, I feel like the game only takes half of your overall drop rate into account. Waiting for Kishin to get fixed after maintenance so I can test how many nodestones/symbols I get.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017
    They nerffed the drop rate very bad, and increased the drop only for nodestones... why? you think players have their drop gear only for nodestones?

I trained hours and didn't get even one symbol! not even one! This is the worst nerff you guys did in this game.. so bad... at least increase the drop rate of all the items in the game.. especially for symbols.... not only for nodestones!

I don't get why Nexon added nerff that make the game worst than ever in a patch named "better maple"..
    LeFrenchie
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017
    Please increase arcane river droplet stone's base item drop rate! I put in 3 hours of farming and I couldn't find one! Usually, I get at least 2 in 3 hours.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    They should revert the nerf and increase nodestones and symbol drop rate significantly overall so unfunded benefit too.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    No matter what we say they aren't going to change it I feel
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited September 2017
    I congratulate Nexon AM for releasing a pretty detrimental change when you already have a somewhat dwindling player base. You probably think you're doing new players a justice by pushing forward a change like this, but you're not. The change has made many key aspect of the even more un-fun and infuriating such as pre quest for many relevant bosses with the reduction of the drop rate of quest items. I mean GL even doing Gollux pre quests or any quest line that requires you to collect lots of drops. I thought the drop rate in the arcane river was bad before but this update has single handily made it downright hell. I was killing at a decent rate with a stupid 2x card active and was getting the same exact rates as w/o the card. 45/90 in roughly 20-30min. It's like it appears as if 2x cards don't apply to the rates of quest items anymore. I don't even want to think how hard collecting fragments in gollux pre is now.

I'm just going to downright not buy nx for maplestory anymore, however I will just support another competitors game in the future until something changes.
    SlicedTimeLeFrenchie
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    I congratulate Nexon AM for releasing a pretty detrimental change when you already have a somewhat dwindling player base. You probably think you're doing new players a justice by pushing forward a change like this, but you're not. The change has made many key aspect of the even more un-fun and infuriating such as pre quest for many relevant bosses with the reduction of the drop rate of quest items. I mean GL even doing Gollux pre quests or any quest line that requires you to collect lots of drops. I thought the drop rate in the arcane river was bad before but this update has single handily made it downright hell. I was killing at a decent rate with a stupid 2x card active and was getting the same exact rates as w/o the card. 45/90 in roughly 20-30min. It's like it appears as if 2x cards don't apply to the rates of quest items anymore. I don't even want to think how hard collecting fragments in gollux pre is now.

I'm just going to downright not buy nx for maplestory anymore, however I will just support another competitors game in the future until something changes.

Theyre not doing so bad, their stock is up

http://quotes.wsj.com/JP/3659

I hope you understand that when they made it so NX is for all their games ( not just maplestory/kart rider) their games stay alive for more time.

2016 revenue was 27919685723.60 US Dollars

Theyre not going anywhere just yet.
    Thoner
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited September 2017

I hope you understand that when they made it so NX is for all their games ( not just maplestory/kart rider) their games stay alive for more time.

I just wanted to rant a rave a bit about the change, but yeah no matter what you or I do nothing is gonna change. Though there is a possibility of them closing gms maplestory if it becomes an entirely unprofitable game much like they did with DFO, Dragon Nest, and Maplestory ITCG

Speaking of Maplestory ITCG, they could possibly bring back in a digital only form(Aka. no physical cards or packs) and probably make it profitable much like Blizzard did with HS.
    edited September 2017

I just wanted to rant a rave a bit about the change, but yeah no matter what you or I do nothing is gonna change. Though there is a possibility of them closing gms maplestory if it becomes an entirely unprofitable game much like they did with DFO, Dragon Nest, and Maplestory ITCG

Speaking of Maplestory ITCG, they could possibly bring back in a digital only form(Aka. no physical cards or packs) and probably make it profitable much like Blizzard did with HS.

true true, also kart rider is gone.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017

I would personally guess that most of that profit is caused by Nexon of Korea, since as far as I know, it's their biggest market and they have like 30 active games there (according to wikipedia).
    edited September 2017
    SlicedTime wrote: »

I would personally guess that most of that profit is caused by Nexon of Korea, since as far as I know, it's their biggest market and they have like 30 active games there (according to wikipedia).

Yeah.

We already discussed that when he responded. About shutting down branches and subsidiaries. But I agree with you since Nexon Korea still has multi platform opens, so all the revenue form their other games that other subs dont have still flows into their balance sheet.
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I am amazed NEXON does not place relevant ads as their games start up. They could make profit without irritating players, well, unless they are too long. Short ads best ads. :D
    DarkPassenger
  • LeFrenchieLeFrenchie
    Reactions: 710
    edited September 2017
    well I gave it 3 hours grinding, and only got a single symbol and 44 nodestones 0 droplets..... with 9 X 20% line of drop and 2x coupon and 2x NX... Won't bother buying those anymore....Infact may not bother playing anymore, the disrespect nexon shows its player base has gotten to me! This new drop rate formula only srves the botters....
  • AlmostEasyAlmostEasy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    Hi