[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Loging out and Server Switching has become tedious

GalvarGalvar
Reactions: 1,735
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As you all know Nexon recently renamed tthe "Quit Game" button to 'Change Character'. This change as you know allows the player to go back to the character selection screen without quiting the game.
However, as a result of this change it has become almost impossible to go back to the "server" select screen within the game itself. Thus, the player is required to physically close the client, and reload the client in order to access the Server Select screen.
These changes also penalize players who play the game in "full screen" mode because the only way to exit the game, after choosing a server is by clicking a little X on the upper right corner of the window.
However, this X is only accessible when you are playing in "Windowed mode", thus requiring the player to switch their game from Full Screen mode to Windowed Mode, every time they want to quit the game.
While switching between characters in the same server is an appreciated option.
However, by getting rid of an ingame method of going back to the Server Select Mode, quitting the game or switching between servers has become a VERY tedious and time consuming method, particularly for those who play the game in Full Screen Mode.
In order to fix this problem, I believe that of the given solutions would work.
1.Change the function of the ESC button to give the player the option of Quitting the Game when pressed instead of bringing up the Menu option.

2.Bring back the Quit Game option in addition to the Change Character option that was recently added. This would give the player, the option to either switch between their characters on the same server, (I.e by pressing the Change Character option), or Log out of a particular server and go back to the Server Select Screen. Thus allowing the player to either Log out of the Client or Switch to a different server.

3.Add back the "Back button" in the lower left hand corner of the character select screen, that was taken out how many months ago. This option would allow the player to go back to the Server Select Screen from the characyer select screen.

I believe that any of these suggestions would fix the problems that this change brought as I mentioned earlier, and create an easier , more seamlined way of switching between servers ir characters.

Comments

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    Not quite sure I understand. But if you want to go back to the world selection screen:
    Menu > Change character
    Once you're at the character selection screen, press ESC - this will bring you back to the world selection screen like the back button used to do.

Again, not sure if I understood your post correctly. Also, I play windowed mode, not sure if it will work on full screen.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    push the esc button at character select, trust me on this
    (before you ask, this has been a feature for months)

you are welcome.
    Lizardnix
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2017
    I am quite sorry if my suggestion didn't make much sense, unfortunately, I was being interrupted by other things and rushed to finish my post by others in my house hold, so it may of been difficult to understand what I was getting at.
    I would like to edit it, however, the answers that I received from this topic are very satisfactory that the suggestion may no longer be needed. Plus, others who are having the same problem I did will find this information useful.
    But, any who, Thank you for the answers to my concern. Before, this current patch I would simply click the "change character" option in game to get back to the Server Select screen.
    However, I wasn't aware of this button trick so it was a surprise, when I wasn't able to get back to the Server Select screen using the same method I was used to.