[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Look of the Month - August Winner Announcement

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited September 2017 in Contests and Events
Ahoy, Maplers! Apologies for the delay on August's results!

Last month we shared our judging sheet with the contestants and it looked like you guys enjoyed seeing how well you fared with the judges. Due to this, we've brought it back for this month as well so check here to see how you performed with your look: http://ow.ly/ksxG30eVNs4

Please give a round of applause to our winners:
Grand Prize Winner

Aventyr:
oMSeWQ2.png

When an idol enters a fashion contest, you can guarantee that they plan on winning. Aventyr takes an iconic character and replicates their theme down to perfection with a MapleStory touch. From the notes, to the leek, Aventyr doesn't skip a beat on this seemingly perfect look of Hatsune Miku!
Runner Ups

SilentHollow:
PU1b8PY.png

What happens when you take a trendy item such as the Red Checkered Shirt and make it a supplement to your overall look instead of the main focus? According to SilentHollow's entry, you get a trendy look, a perfect theme, splashed with originality, and mixed with humor, served in a watermelon.

Dazed:
mQwnvzW.jpg

Truly dazzling! A great use of theme and color to maximize total aesthetic appeal! Colorful is eye catching, and eye catching is deserving of a spot in this contest!

Noctes:
zu7sppl.png

You can't expect to just throw on anything and win a fashion contest. However, this is not a case of simply throwing on garbage expecting to win. Noctes shows us that even the most simplest of everyday items can be made into a well conceptualized theme. Packed with originality, theme, and humor, Notces masterfully captures the image of an elevated lower class Mapler.

Renni:
s7Wymzd.png

Another winner?! It can't be helped if there are too many pretty contestants in a single month! While we typically would break ties, there was a bit of misunderstanding with the judging. It would be a blatant lie for me to say that Renni doesn't look worthy of a winning with their look! Such regal elegance with the vibrant force of nature makes for perfection along with justice to the fairy queen theme!

Thank you to everyone who participated in August's Look of the Month contest and don't be discouraged if you didn't win!

If you did not win this month's contest, we'd love to see your entry again within this upcoming month!
Winners are NOT permitted to enter the same look in future Look of the Month contests, however, this rule does not apply for those who have yet to hold a winning look (Runner Up does not count as a winning look)

We'll be sending out the prizes before 9/15/2017, please contact us if you do not receive your Maple Points by the specified date.

Winners:
    Grand Prize:
    Runner Ups:
JettLuvsUAventyrRenni

Comments

• RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited September 2017
    Aww, I was 1 point away, so close! :D Congrats to the winners.

By the way, if Personal Taste is out of 3, is there a reason why some of the entries have a 4?
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited September 2017
    Oh this looked like it was fun - if there's another I'll post my avatar then.
    Renni
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited September 2017
    Renni wrote: »
    Aww, I was 1 point away, so close! :D Congrats to the winners.

By the way, if Personal Taste is out of 3, is there a reason why some of the entries have a 4?

It appears some of our judges didn't quite get this memo! Because one of our winners had their total point inflated from this slip up, we will look into this and make changes to the original post with final results.

Big apologies on this error and we'll be sure to have this all sorted out.
    Renni
  • NoctesNoctes
    Reactions: 610
    edited September 2017
    I haven't receive the prize yet :/
  • DazedDazed
    Reactions: 2,050
    edited September 2017
    Noctes wrote: »
    I haven't receive the prize yet :/

Me neither :o
  • AventyrAventyr