[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why are we required to form a party? (bosses)

BigDonutBigDonut
Reactions: 440
edited October 2017 in General Chat
Throughout all of my Zakum runs, I haven't had a single person interested in staying as a party. We would queue up, and they would just leave the party to solo Zakum.

After all, why would they stay? What reason do they have? The game doesn't make us stay as a group to fight Zakum, and it's more than happy to let people solo Zakum. Plus, even if you're not very good, it's still very generous with you and you can easily solo Easy Zakum as early as the entry level of 50.

While I can't say the same for other bosses (except for Normal Zakum since I've fought and solo'd him as well), why are we required to queue and party up for bosses to actually gain quick access? It's not like you force them to stay as a party. It just seems redundant to force you to group up with someone only to let them split off immediately with no consequence.

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    BigDonut wrote: »
    Throughout all of my Zakum runs, I haven't had a single person interested in staying as a party. We would queue up, and they would just leave the party to solo Zakum.

After all, why would they stay? What reason do they have? The game doesn't make us stay as a group to fight Zakum, and it's more than happy to let people solo Zakum. Plus, even if you're not very good, it's still very generous with you and you can easily solo Easy Zakum as early as the entry level of 50.

While I can't say the same for other bosses (except for Normal Zakum since I've fought and solo'd him as well), why are we required to queue and party up for bosses to actually gain quick access? It's not like you force them to stay as a party. It just seems redundant to force you to group up with someone only to let them split off immediately with no consequence.

It may be an attempt to pacify players who are upset that you can solo bosses and that no one parties anymore. Personally I'd love to boss without dealing with it but it's unlikely to change any time soon.
  • BigDonutBigDonut
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2017
    That's a fair point, but why not add a join solo option? It's not like the people who want to solo would group up with people who want to stay a group. Selfish on their part for not giving the person wanting a group a chance, but sadly that's their right to do so.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I would like them to update all boss "queues" to work like easy cygnus but then we wouldn't get the buff for queueing. Ex. hard lucid.
    darik