[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does hard Hilla still give you exp loss on death?

zoutzakjezoutzakje
Reactions: 1,380
edited November 2017 in General Chat
I'm a new player (2-3 months) and i read in multiple 2016 topics that hard hilla gives exp loss on death. I am aware that a lot of bosses have gotten revamped over the years, so i wonder if this was ever true and if it's still the case. I'd rather not find out for myself. I've recently been able to defeat normal magnus and easy cygnus, so i figured it's time to start practicing hard hilla. She seems to be next in line. I could be mistaken, but I'd still like to know.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Easy Empress to Hard Hilla is a bit of a stretch; I can kill both Easy Empress and Normal Magnus and barely dent Hard Hilla. You should probably focus on Normal Empress first. Hard Hilla requires large amounts of PDR and invincibility frames to avoid the cage, unless you have a partner to help you out.

Hard Hilla should not cause EXP loss on death, AFAIK. If she does, it's a bug.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2017
    cool, thanks for the input. Now that i know i will try her out, just to see what I'm up against
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Easy Empress to Hard Hilla is a bit of a stretch; I can kill both Easy Empress and Normal Magnus and barely dent Hard Hilla. You should probably focus on Normal Empress first. Hard Hilla requires large amounts of PDR and invincibility frames to avoid the cage, unless you have a partner to help you out.

Hard Hilla should not cause EXP loss on death, AFAIK. If she does, it's a bug.

She's actually not that tough. It's the regen from the cage that makes her almost impossible to defeat. Getting caged pretty much resets her back to full health. With the old status resistance it wasn't that tough to defeat her because she'd never cage you but now I dunno. My advice is to jump often because you can't be caged in the air. It's super ping dependent, don't wait for an animation. The more people you bring with you the more likely someone's gonna get caged so try to go alone.