[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disappointing 5th job

PigabaPigaba
Reactions: 1,105
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Is anyone else disappointed about the whole 5th job?
It's simply getting a couple hyper skills. Skills do a lot of damage but has >30 sec cooldowns and they're boring. How is it 5th job when your main skill is still 4th job skill?
I'm not asking for completely OP map wipe skills with no cooldown or anything. I would be much happier to have decently more powerful skills that I can use consistently as main skills. Isn't that what job advancement should be about? I was excited for the new 5th job skills, but ended up extremely disappointed at how absolutely nothing changed.
DeeMonSlicedTimedarik

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »
    It's simply getting a couple hyper skills. Skills do a lot of damage but has >30 sec cooldowns and they're boring. How is it 5th job when your main skill is still 4th job skill?
    I'm not asking for completely OP map wipe skills with no cooldown or anything. I would be much happier to have decently more powerful skills that I can use consistently as main skills. Isn't that what job advancement should be about? I was excited for the new 5th job skills, but ended up extremely disappointed at how absolutely nothing changed.
    well... thats how 5th job skills work.

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »

That's besides the point. A new job is something that replaces what you're currently using in the prior job. It should add new mechanics, a new main attacking skill or bossing skill.

A new job shouldn't be able to fit into the hyper skill tab.
    SherribazzySlicedTimePigabaArgentdarik
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017

That's besides the point. A new job is something that replaces what you're currently using in the prior job. It should add new mechanics, a new main attacking skill or bossing skill.

well the thing is, nexon wants you to be using all of your skills or most of them, and don't want old skills to become completely useless or overshadowed when new skills are added, which is why comboing is becoming more of a thing with all classes and why boost nodes are a thing, they also didnt want to change bossing or mobbing all too much (as oulined in their outline of how they decided 5th job skills would work)
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

well the thing is, nexon wants you to be using all of your skills or most of them, and don't want old skills to become completely useless or overshadowed when new skills are added, which is why comboing is becoming more of a thing with all classes and why boost nodes are a thing, they also didnt want to change bossing or mobbing all too much (as oulined in their outline of how they decided 5th job skills would work)

well on BaM, thats a different story
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017

Honestly, I like the boost node system but it defeated the purpose of 5th job, and hindered the creation of new skills that we could've gotten to replace 4th job. I personally would prefer to get a new attacking/bossing skill than boosting pre-existing skills. Even if for some classes like BaM or Bw it'd just be another line and more damage.
    darik
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017

Honestly, I like the boost node system but it defeated the purpose of 5th job, and hindered the creation of new skills that we could've gotten to replace 4th job. I personally would prefer to get a new attacking/bossing skill than boosting pre-existing skills. Even if for some classes like BaM or Bw it'd just be another line and more damage.

well the purpose of 5th job was to really just allow nexon to give new skills without having to create even more new job advancements and without having to get rid of old skills, allowing for theoretical infinite growth.