[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Returning After a While. Question on banning?

LearisLearis
Reactions: 710
edited January 2018 in General Chat
Hello, sorry to make another banning thread, there's a ton already. I just want to be as informed as I can. I'm going to be returning to MapleStory, and I've seen tons of posts about people stating they were falsely banned.

I want to be as safe as possible so it doesn't happen to me. As it stands, I have never used any botting or other programs, nor have I done that keydown technique or whatever it's called. I just play normally.

Have people figured out what causes the false bans, or is it just random luck of the draw? Is there any rhyme or reason to it? Lastly, the one "odd" thing I have done is play using an xbox controller (makes it more fun for me). Could that cause a ban to trigger?

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    I think it was the recent windows update and anti virus fighting with the ban bot
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I think it was the recent windows update and anti virus fighting with the ban bot

It was not. The antivirus issue was unrelated to the bans.

The bans are under review, Nexon should make a statement regarding the results of their review when it's done.
    Learis