[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

OX Quiz minimum participants - why?

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,340
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The OX quiz event we have running currently, sends out a summon every hour at 15 minutes after the hours, for people to queue up.
All those who queue get transported to a waiting room for up to 30 seconds.
Once the waiting room counter reaches 0, everyone inside is transported into the game map - unless there are "not enough participants", in which case everyone is sent back where they came from.

I don't understand why there is a minimum of participants required.

The score you get seems to depend solely on how many questions you got right, not on how many people did better or worse than you. So you could, theoretically, do the quiz solo. You would not gain anything from the lack of competition (except maybe not having to wait as long for the 5 coin "waiting 'til the end" bonus).

I play in MYBCKN, a world with low population.
I also live in UTC+2 timezone.
This means that for most of my playing time, I queue up for OX quiz, lose all buffs and get moved to ch 1, and then get sent away without having played the quiz.

Please lower or remove the minimum participants required for OX to run.
RenniOrodalfTraveler5577

Comments

• OrodalfOrodalf
    Reactions: 610
    edited February 2018
    Unlike other minigames, the OX Quiz isn't actually dependent on the number of players for either the payout or the actual gameplay. Please remove the minimum player count so that this game is actually playable in, say, MYBCKN.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    The score you get seems to depend solely on how many questions you got right, not on how many people did better or worse than you. So you could, theoretically, do the quiz solo. You would not gain anything from the lack of competition (except maybe not having to wait as long for the 5 coin "waiting 'til the end" bonus.

Not just that but a lower number of players is actually bad in ox quiz since there is less chance for a 'carry mob' to lead the way.