[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

"NPC ID : 2120028" error

KezrauxKezraux
Reactions: 1,095
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
I often get a blue window popping up when I am selecting a character which reads "NPC ID : (some numbers)". Usually my game crashes promptly after and the message is left on the screen, but this time it popped up and then vanished. I was able to log in fine, but then when I was traveling, the error started popping up again repetitively and kept overlapping. I was able to move a few of them around to show how bad it was before my game froze.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/312354082356592641/454941602918694912/unknown.png

Usually this happens when I am pressing the left or right arrows to navigate the character selection screen, but it has happened a few times after I've chosen one.

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited June 2018
    Hello

I have forwarded this issue. That's really odd.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    Try one
    -restart your computer
    -full shutdown (https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/)
    -if this doesn't occur on another computer, try reinstalling maplestory
  • RupturerRavenRupturerRaven
    Reactions: 555
    edited June 2019
    Since the patch, whenever I try to log onto the client i get randomly kicked out and the game closes.
    Sometimes a quick error in a blue box shows: "Npc error: " and some numbers starting with 9 (90700000) or something.

How in the world can I fix this? It has never been a issue
    edited June 2019
    It all started after creating a Kanna.

I finnished the first quest, went to the next room after the portal and everything turned black.
    Now I cant enter anything at all or log in
  • Kuukk3liKuukk3li
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    Seconded. Have similar situation, unable to log in. The exact name of the error is NPC ID 9130074.
    edited June 2019
    Sucks, but im trying to re-install now after trying to delete NExon launcher and everything.
    Il post back if it works
    edited June 2019
    Re-innstalling did NOT solve the issue...
  • RetrolightRetrolight
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2019
    Got the same problem... >_>
    edited June 2019
    Be carefull. I have been constantly logging in for an hour or two, but recieved a random BAN
    Im sure they will lift it once they read my complain, but it still sucks
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited June 2019
    Same here, I have a message like "NPC ID : (some numbers)"
    So i can't do anything, the game close at character selection...
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited June 2019
    I kept trying while posting some messages here on forum and since I was not too quick to take a screeenshot of that NPC ID message, I was about to record the thing, and finally for the video it worked lol. I changed nothing, no restart, no reinstall, etc...
    Maybe someone is looking here to unlock people ?!
  • RzMonkzRzMonkz
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2019
    Hi i have the same problem and ive tried restarting my pc and reinstalled the game and the launcher, it also crashes when i get to the server screen
    edited June 2019
    For some reason, it RANDOMLY worked a few hours ago. But now im back to scratch with the same issues.

When I do a quick CTRL ALT DEL and check under details, it seems like Maple claims to be running but its nowhere to be found
    edited June 2019
    After countless tries, the window now suddenly opened.
    I have no idea what is happening now, now I acctually got in-game. But window randomly closed
  • DpsyTcoSDpsyTcoS
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    Since the new update/maintenance, my girlfriend and I, have the same problem. We can no longer enter in the game. Because maple crash with the error :'' NPC ID : 9130074 '' all the time.
    I run on windows7 and her on Windows 10, with two completely differents computers but same crash, same error. . . we try steam and nexon launcher, no result..
    We tried to connect directly on the modem, again same error.... we tried to renew ip all the fix you propose on your site.. nothing work...

Please help us.
  • h0lyicdragonh0lyicdragon
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    NPC ID 9130074 occours when "create a character" finishes loading. deleting a character will fix this for now until nexon pushes out and update fixing this.