[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Latency Comparison

Comments

• FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    gvnalmanza wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they've acknowledged the several months of server instability/lag spikes/ general lag? and are they doing anything about it? have they identified the issue?

I bitched at them in tickets and live chat, both time they said that they are aware and they're working on it but got nothing to release, then proceed me to link to the page that last updated on June 1st. Before that they made it seem like it was a problem on my side
    edited July 2018
    Swirlled wrote: »
    Even though this problem has persisted since April, it seems it's only getting worse.
    After a maintenance, servers would be smooth for a couple hours afterwards (4-6 hours), and then return to their laggy state.
    After today's (July 5th) maintenance, the servers started lagging again in under 2 hours.

To have any hope of getting this fixed, more people need to start talking about it. Unfortunately, massive public outcry seems to be the only way to bring this issue to the center of Nexon's attention.

Tbh I don't even think Nexon cares, all the GMs I spoken to through tickets and live chat all claim that they are aware of the instability and they're working on it with no proof to show
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    Bera has been lagging for about 2 months now. Is there any hope of Nexon getting off their lazy asses and fixing the lag, or do we have to provide blood sacrifices? Clearly their Marvel money isn't going towards fixing these servers, so they must have had to deal with bank accounts in the red.

They were restarting channels a few weeks ago, now they've just given up. Great job, A+
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Bera has been lagging for about 2 months now. Is there any hope of Nexon getting off their lazy asses and fixing the lag, or do we have to provide blood sacrifices? Clearly their Marvel money isn't going towards fixing these servers, so they must have had to deal with bank accounts in the red.

They were restarting channels a few weeks ago, now they've just given up. Great job, A+

Couldve done without that stuff, otherwise, might aswell have written it in Rant and Raves. People have already brought this up.

but yeah, theyre most likely balancing out their accounts payable from the Ark patch.

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    Couldve done without that stuff, otherwise, might aswell have written it in Rant and Raves. People have already brought this up.

but yeah, theyre most likely balancing out their accounts payable from the Ark patch.

Probably should have, but it got moved to this thread anyway *shrug* Admittedly I do have anger issues.
    I think the only way that Nexon will fix it at this point is to have either a mass outcry or just people quitting en masse. Problem is, people aren't motivated to do that, even when Nexon makes really stupid choices.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    Fix? How about they stop it with these BS afk events? How's that for a fix?
    edited July 2018
    Why don't any of the forum moderators comment on any of these lag posts? They can merge threads but not say anything?
    Mambic
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    stop making things that require us not to lag to participate properly.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Why don't any of the forum moderators comment on any of these lag posts? They can merge threads but not say anything?

What would you like me to say? "Hey I found a magic genie and wished the lag would go away?"

I can't comment on what I don't know. We're not omniscient, and the lag is affecting VFMs as well.
    The best I could tell you is be patient, the issue was forwarded (that is to say, this thread specifically was forwarded last Wednesday, I can see when it was forwarded). Many users refuse to accept this answer on the grounds that it's "not good enough", and then continue to complain as if the reply was never posted to begin with.

The reason forum moderators haven't replied is because we don't have anything new to tell you. If we do have something new to tell you, we'll do that.
    The reason we're merging threads together is because you shouldn't spam threads on the same topic, especially when many of the posts consist of single- or double-line comments that add nothing to the actual discussion and would be better off as replies to one of the existing threads.

On a semi-related note I'm not entirely sure how your specific forum account was approved to begin with; your name and comment history indicate you made the account solely to complain about the lag (I.E. a flame-baiting account). I can't un-approve you this late in the game, but I will make you aware of the fact that you shouldn't expect leniency if you flame or spread FUD.
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

What would you like me to say? "Hey I found a magic genie and wished the lag would go away?"

I can't comment on what I don't know. We're not omniscient, and the lag is affecting VFMs as well.
    The best I could tell you is be patient, the issue was forwarded (that is to say, this thread specifically was forwarded last Wednesday, I can see when it was forwarded). Many users refuse to accept this answer on the grounds that it's "not good enough", and then continue to complain as if the reply was never posted to begin with.

The reason forum moderators haven't replied is because we don't have anything new to tell you. If we do have something new to tell you, we'll do that.
    The reason we're merging threads together is because you shouldn't spam threads on the same topic, especially when many of the posts consist of single- or double-line comments that add nothing to the actual discussion and would be better off as replies to one of the existing threads.

On a semi-related note I'm not entirely sure how your specific forum account was approved to begin with; your name and comment history indicate you made the account solely to complain about the lag (I.E. a flame-baiting account). I can't un-approve you this late in the game, but I will make you aware of the fact that you shouldn't expect leniency if you flame or spread FUD.

Well excuse me and all my complaints but I wouldn't have made such comment if I would have seen any comments made on any of these threads within the last month or so. And I hardly would consider what I'm doing flaming, in fact its quite tame in the total of ten comments I made compared to what I see some people are saying. All I am doing is having discussion about this lag that been affecting players for a long time already. The sole reason of making this account is indeed just for the lag because I feel Nexon wouldn't do anything unless they notice there are gonna be more people talking about it not just on reddit but also in the forums. Just like what I told GMs directly, just because there is no new info does not mean staying quiet is the best option, all that is going to do is make people wonder even more on what is going on. If I would have seen at least one thread with someone saying "We understand and we have been trying to talk to Nexon" or letting us know when you actually forward a thread to them; something like that would have clear so much things, espeically on the mega threads that you merge all others. Without a CM right now, these forum and you guys are our front line when it comes to communication between Nexon and Players so when you guys keep quiet too of course we're gonna be upset. But hey, I'm not a VFM, just a disgruntled player that felt the need to make a forum account after putting up with so much. Maybe I am just expecting too much from volunteers and Nexon.
  • LognaLogna
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited July 2018
    There are already many posts about this.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    On a semi-related note I'm not entirely sure how your specific forum account was approved to begin with; your name and comment history indicate you made the account solely to complain about the lag
    Comments like these don't make the forum moderation team look good, FYI, and only help contribute to a downward spiral even if absolutely nothing is going on.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2018
    Logna wrote: »
    There are already many posts about this.

True. Meaning, this is actually a big issue :/