[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sky diving - over-zealous Maple Admin

FlowerdewFlowerdew
Reactions: 1,190
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Dear Nexon,

I have to report an over-zealous Maple Admin: about every jump or every other one, I am being interrupted and requested to enter a given number. Once an hour would already be quite a bit. But sometimes a few seconds from each other?

Could you please give her some calming tea to drink and ask her to take a walk?

It's indecent ...

Thank you

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    Dear Nexon,

I have to report an over-zealous Maple Admin: about every jump or every other one, I am being interrupted and requested to enter a given number. Once an hour would already be quite a bit. But sometimes a few seconds from each other?

Could you please give her some calming tea to drink and ask her to take a walk?

It's indecent ...

Thank you

So explain how this is a bug (something in the code that isn't suppose to happen but happens)? Pretty sure the number check is to prevent people from just putting a paper weight on the right arrow key and afk and the timing is just random intervals.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2018
    Have you already done the sky diving YinYangX? Try doing it with a paperweight and talk to me again :)

Whatever the reason: for whatever a minority does, does this justify for a majority to be treated that way, with such relentlessness?

Yes! It does feel like it's a bug!
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    Have you already done the sky diving YinYangX? Try doing it with a paperweight and talk to me again :)

Whatever the reason: for whatever a minority does, does this justify for a majority to be treated that way, with such relentlessness?

Yes! It does feel like it's a bug!

Lol, I'm in Ariant Sky, and yes, I've tried doing it with a weight, given it doesn't give a lot of distance, but if there was nothing to stop it, probably would max sky points in 3-4hrs.

Lol, whatever you say, doesn't change the fact the number check is not a bug by definition. Don't see why you aren't complaining about the arrow check on harvesting or all the other stuff Nexon's tried to implement to prevent botters if you're talking about minority/majority.

No, it's not a bug. Go look up what a computer/code bug is and "talk with me again :)".
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Don’t mind the keyboard warrior above - they gets their jollies from acting high and mighty to other people.

To properly answer your post and actually contribute a helpful response, it is not an actual Maple Admin doing this - it is part of a script that comes up, usually due to lag moreso than constantly holding the direction of a key, essentially to stop people from afking and gaining points. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done about it if you’re running on a laggy computer - just gotta deal with it. =(
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    Don’t mind the keyboard warrior above - they gets their jollies from acting high and mighty to other people.

To properly answer your post and actually contribute a helpful response, it is not an actual Maple Admin doing this - it is part of a script that comes up, usually due to lag moreso than constantly holding the direction of a key, essentially to stop people from afking and gaining points. Unfortunately there’s not much that can be done about it if you’re running on a laggy computer - just gotta deal with it. =(

Lol, no, I'm not getting any "jollies from acting high and mighty to other people." I just get ticked off by people who make bug reports without knowing what a "bug" is.

Pretty sure op didn't actually mean a physical person is doing this and is asking Nexon to change the script, unless you're implying the op thought a real person went around and manually caused the number check to happen. The only reason s/he is probably calling it "Maple Admin" is because it's the name of the associated npc.

Also, how are you suppose to get points by "afking" without constantly holding the direction of a key? You're literally standing still so your distance stays at 0 and you're not collecting pollen. And even if you mean people "afking" after they jump, until you unlock the booster, there's literally nothing you can do after you jump, which the game interprets as you being "afk" and even if you have the booster, after you use it, you're bacisically "afking" if rng lets you float long enough afterwards.
    If the number check is really mainly only triggered by "lag/afking", are you saying that someone who's actively diving and using a good comp + internet should never see the number check since they shouldn't lag and aren't afking?

So explain to me how you "properly answer[ed] your [the op] post and actually contribute a helpful response,"? Legit the only different thing you said from me is that you think it's triggered by lag instead of at random intervals (which has little logic behind it) and specifying it's a programmed script instead of assuming op already knew it was part of the code.

Maybe you should stop "getting your jollies from acting high and mighty to other people" and actually think a bit before typing something and acting like you're better than them. The only reason I started "acting high and mighty" to the op was because s/he started talking down on me like I didn't know what the issue was and refusing to explain how there's a "bug" in the number check.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Youre not even allowed to use paperweight on keyboard anymore. It's against the ToS
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Youre not even allowed to use paperweight on keyboard anymore. It's against the ToS

Yes, but that probably doesn't stop people from doing it? I was just using that as an example. Think someone said this before (as a joke) but you could just place your keyboard on the ground and hold the right arrow key with your toe or something and do something else with your hands.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Yes, but that probably doesn't stop people from doing it? I was just using that as an example. Think someone said this before (as a joke) but you could just place your keyboard on the ground and hold the right arrow key with your toe or something and do something else with your hands.

Funny if true, tbh
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

Funny if true, tbh

Think it was in a thread shortly after the maint/patch where they added the arrow captcha to harvesting like 1.5yrs ago.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I properly answered their post by providing actual examples (such as my experiences with the flight game). I’ve held right the entire time and got 0 scripts come up, whereas a lot of lag has caused the script to come up more often. I didn’t say I was right and that’s definitely why it’s happening, but rather that that was my experience and I shared that with them. My reference to afking was about your example of using a weight to hold down a key, so I was referencing something you had said.

The fact you’ve spent more time trying to justify yourself to me/others as opposed to contributing to the actual content of the post is exactly why I said what I said. This is not the first post I’ve seen you do it on, mine included. You’re not a forum mod - people don’t need to be policed by you. If you think something is in the wrong section, ignore it or report it. Reactions are caused by an action - if you don’t see the condescension in your original post, then I guess that’s why you don’t understand why the op responded how they did.

But that’s just my two cents. Just some (hopefully) helpful feedback on how you come across on the forums - take it or leave it.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    "To properly answer your post and actually contribute a helpful response" -> implication that what I posted was either not related or incorrect.
    Not sure what you consider "lagging" but I haven't lagged in Discover Sky yet I've still gotten the number check , at what seemed to be random intervals, sometimes really long in between sometimes in multiple succession, hence why I said it was probably to prevent afking cause why would they penalize someone for lagging? Neither of us said that it was from "our experience with the flight game" in our first posts in this thread so still don't see how that makes your answer a "proper answer" while mine not a "proper answer".

I've replied to everything the op said and they have not yet replied. Don't see how else I'm suppose to "contribute to the actual content of the post" unless you want me to go re-google the definition of a "bug" and post here for the op. You made comment about what I wrote and I replied to it. You added new information, I gave my two-cents on the information you gave.

Lol, if you've seen me in other posts, you'll notice that most of the time I use "this" tone is when I'm commenting on a "bug report" that is usually a mistake/negligence on the users part. And yes, I'm not a forum mod, nor do I want to be. Like I said in my first reply to you, people who make bug reports without actually knowing what a bug tick me off. Pretty sure there's stuff that "tick" you off also (example: me going around belittling people who make incorrect bug reports, albeit maybe you're not "ticked off" but at least irked). Maybe you missed it, but right after the Ark patch different users posted numerous bugs related to the new content/Ark/etc and a handful of them were lost because another group of users spammed the bug reports page with "bug reports" of things that they thought were "bugs" cause they didn't even bother reading the event descriptions/instructions, many of them almost the exact same "bug".

I could ignore/report it, but then the op doesn't get what went wrong and just keep making the same mistake, hence ticking me off more.

"Reactions are caused by an action" Lol, yes, my reaction of being condescending was cause of the action of someone making a bug report for something that wasn't a bug and not bothering to try explain how it's a bug. I mean I could have just said, "Wow, are you stupid or something? That's not a bug, you must be really stupid not to know that's not a bug," instead I asked how what they wrote was a bug (albeit heavily rhetorically) and they have yet to justify their original statement. I mean you can believe it or not, but had the op put this under maybe Suggestions or General Chat, I probably wouldn't have even looked at it twice or maybe even comment "Ya, it's really annoying when I get the number check right after two runs consecutively."
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    ^ point proven. Perhaps one day you’ll get the point -shrug-.

Anyways OP hopefully the information that is actually relevant to your post has been helpful to you. =)
  • LyonsbaineLyonsbaine
    Reactions: 245
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    "To properly answer your post and actually contribute a helpful response" -> implication that what I posted was either not related or incorrect.
    Not sure what you consider "lagging" but I haven't lagged in Discover Sky yet I've still gotten the number check , at what seemed to be random intervals, sometimes really long in between sometimes in multiple succession, hence why I said it was probably to prevent afking cause why would they penalize someone for lagging? Neither of us said that it was from "our experience with the flight game" in our first posts in this thread so still don't see how that makes your answer a "proper answer" while mine not a "proper answer".

I've replied to everything the op said and they have not yet replied. Don't see how else I'm suppose to "contribute to the actual content of the post" unless you want me to go re-google the definition of a "bug" and post here for the op. You made comment about what I wrote and I replied to it. You added new information, I gave my two-cents on the information you gave.

Lol, if you've seen me in other posts, you'll notice that most of the time I use "this" tone is when I'm commenting on a "bug report" that is usually a mistake/negligence on the users part. And yes, I'm not a forum mod, nor do I want to be. Like I said in my first reply to you, people who make bug reports without actually knowing what a bug tick me off. Pretty sure there's stuff that "tick" you off also (example: me going around belittling people who make incorrect bug reports, albeit maybe you're not "ticked off" but at least irked). Maybe you missed it, but right after the Ark patch different users posted numerous bugs related to the new content/Ark/etc and a handful of them were lost because another group of users spammed the bug reports page with "bug reports" of things that they thought were "bugs" cause they didn't even bother reading the event descriptions/instructions, many of them almost the exact same "bug".

I could ignore/report it, but then the op doesn't get what went wrong and just keep making the same mistake, hence ticking me off more.

"Reactions are caused by an action" Lol, yes, my reaction of being condescending was cause of the action of someone making a bug report for something that wasn't a bug and not bothering to try explain how it's a bug. I mean I could have just said, "Wow, are you stupid or something? That's not a bug, you must be really stupid not to know that's not a bug," instead I asked how what they wrote was a bug (albeit heavily rhetorically) and they have yet to justify their original statement. I mean you can believe it or not, but had the op put this under maybe Suggestions or General Chat, I probably wouldn't have even looked at it twice or maybe even comment "Ya, it's really annoying when I get the number check right after two runs consecutively."

TL;DR