[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How Is Drop Rate From Boss Boxes Determined?

AriesDRXAriesDRX
Reactions: 940
edited September 2018 in General Chat
So after you kill Lucid there's a box you attack which then gives you drops.
Our team wants to maximize the use of the drop rate stats we have on our gears to get the best drops.

The whole party puts on drop gears assuming everyone's drop rate is averaged.
Or does ONLY the PERSON with the HIGHEST drop rate on their equipment effect the box?

How do we assure we are maximizing the most from our drop rate gear when hitting the lucid box?
Is the teams total drop rate averaged or does the box only pick the person with the highest drop rate?

There's been a lot of argument on how it works, and there are smart asses that say it's averaged on the whole team, and then there are other smart asses saying only the person with the highest drop rate should hit the box open.

I'd prefer if a GM can confirm exactly which one of these scenarios is the right one.
Unfortunately I won't take feedback from regular players because it put us back into the same situation.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited September 2018
    General rule
    Instance loot (Lucid/Will droplet, soul, coins, stuff that only you can see and loot): Based on your own drop rate.
    Shared Loot (stuff that everyone can see and steal): Based on the killer drop rate.

Normal Lucid has no important shared loot, so it doesn't matter who last hit the box.

Hard Lucid only has the dreamy belt as the important shared loot (arcane equipment is not affected by drop rate), so the person with the highest drop rate should hit it just for the belt, if no one cares about the belt then anyone can open it.
    (This is assuming the dark boss equipments is affected by drop rate, since Nexon never said if it is affected by drop rate or not)

Average drop rate of the entire party has never existed at all in Maple Story. (Probably just an excuse to peer pressure you to make sure you get 2 droplets) (If it did existed, then I would have never gotten 5 capes in hard Magnus if I bring more than 2 people with me with no drop rate enhancement)
    The person with highest drop rate last hitting the box is just a habit from maximizing important shared loot from hard Magnus (tyrant cape) and CRA (5 coins are shared from Von Bon, Clown, Queen, 10 coins are shared from Vellum)
    YinYangX
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    General rule
    Instance loot (Lucid/Will droplet, soul, coins, stuff that only you can see and loot): Based on your own drop rate.
    Shared Loot (stuff that everyone can see and steal): Based on the killer drop rate.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, KMS changed the drop rate formula some time ago for the player with the highest drop rate, not the killer's.
    YinYangX
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited September 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Actually if I'm not mistaken, KMS changed the drop rate formula some time ago for the player with the highest drop rate, not the killer's.

This video show that it is still based on the killer drop rate

Drop Rate Provider, Rexaar2: 217% + 100% drop rate = +317% drop rate
    Killer of the boss, Rexaar: 0% drop rate
    Result: 1 equipment
    Partial drop rate data I collected starting from the time the drop rate mechanic changed (August 30, 2017).
    Normal Hilla
    Equipment drop (lv110,120, pocket item)
    0% droprate: 2 ,3 ,3 ,2 ,7 ,1 ,4 ,4 ,2 ,2 ,5 ,1 ,5 ,3 ,2 ,
    2 ,9 ,2 ,2 ,8 ,2 ,8 ,4 ,1 ,5 ,8 ,4 ,6 ,2 ,3 ,
    3 ,4 ,3 ,4 ,4

217%+100%buff : 11,16,13,14,15,14,12,8 ,10,18,13,8 ,9 ,17,12,
    14,12,15,13,11,18,8 ,12,16,12,10,4 ,13,12, 9,
    AKradian