[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

pop-up survey

C00ki3zC00ki3z
Reactions: 1,340
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I don't think it's a good idea; players will provide feedback if they choose to. Who agrees?
SlicedTimeKittyIsAU

Comments

• SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2018
    I completely agree with this. The pop up is annoying and obnoxious and should be removed. AFAIK the only way for the user to get rid of the pop up at the moment is to completely disable Internet Explorer. I can make a small guide for that if anyone needs it.
  • C00ki3zC00ki3z
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Does disabling IE have to do with the Control Panel? I don't think users can remove IE. The guide might be helpful to others.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2018
    C00ki3z wrote: »
    Does disabling IE have to do with the Control Panel? I don't think users can remove IE. The guide might be helpful to others.

Unfortunately, I can't make an exact guide at the moment because my settings are a bit weird at the moment. However, I found the article that I used as a reference back when I removed IE, which should be more than sufficient: https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-Completely
    I have no clue if this works in Windows versions other than 10.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    SlicedTime wrote: »

Unfortunately, I can't make an exact guide at the moment because my settings are a bit weird at the moment. However, I found the article that I used as a reference back when I removed IE, which should be more than sufficient: https://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-Completely

Be careful when removing IE from your computer, as older programs sometimes rely on you having a working copy of it.
    Usually these programs have in-program web browsers. I'm not sure if anything recent has this dependency.
    I don't think it's a good idea; players will provide feedback if they choose to. Who agrees?

I'd be fine with it popping up once, but after I've already rated the game once it should just stop.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    This pop up is incredibly annoying, I can see people just giving it 1 star review because of how annoying and intrusive it is.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    This pop up is incredibly annoying, I can see people just giving it 1 star review because of how annoying and intrusive it is.

I'm wondering where this rating even goes... Does Nexon even look at the data they collect from it anymore?
    I imagine it's prone to trolling based on how often it pops up...
  • BDanBDan
    Reactions: 885
    edited October 2018
    SlicedTime wrote: »

It works for windows 7. Uninstalled IE a long time ago ( i use firefox anyway and got sick of windows trying to constantly update IE)
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited October 2018
    I love having to hit escape several times so that I don't die because I got disconnected in a dangerous map.
    BDan
  • C00ki3zC00ki3z
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Anyone else want to weigh in before I send this to the GMs?
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    Well you can point out its a duplication of what the Nexon Launcher already tells you. So its just a waste of time for everyone involved.