[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll 100% is not 100%

K_O_A_L_AK_O_A_L_A
Reactions: 305
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
I had a sweetwater cane (lvl 160).
I bought a 12-star enhancement (lvl 160) scroll.
I bought an Advanced Equip Enhancement scroll.

I spell traced the cane with 70% ATT (LUCK) until it was full, applied the 12-star scroll. Resulted in a decent cane.
However, when I applied the AEE scroll, it destroyed my cane on the first application. It SHOULD be 100% success rate on the first application.

PSA: that the 100% is a lie. I lost almost 2 billion mesos on that investment.

EDIT: not a lie, just very unclear.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The scroll does have 100% success rate - on the first star.
    You tried to use it on the 13th star.

I agree the scroll's description is not entirely clear on that (it speaks of "successes" but doesn't clarify that these successes could have come from sources other than Advanced Equipment Enhancement scrolls), and have forwarded the concern to Nexon.
  • K_O_A_L_AK_O_A_L_A
    Reactions: 305
    edited November 2018
    Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I am bummed that I lost all those mesos. This was the first time I had ever invested so much on one item.

I will get over it and learn from it.
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2018
    there are no-boom Advanced enhancement scroll which is worth 3-5b i think that's how you can enhance safely
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Asters wrote: »
    there are no-boom Advanced enhancement scroll which is worth 3-5b i think that's how you can enhance safely

That's a very expensive way to enhance safely.

The preferred way to enhance Sweetwater equipment (and any other item that isn't a Tyrant) is by using Star Force, not Enhancement scrolls.
    Star Force allows you to safeguard against destruction, up to 17 stars, by paying extra meso.
    More importantly, Star Force preserves a "trace" of your item if it is destroyed (beyond 17 stars, or if you didn't safeguard). The Trace can be applied to a clean item of the same type, to instantly give it the scrolling, potential, and 12 of the stars your destroyed item had.