[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

20 star enhancement difficulty?

MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
Reactions: 1,000
edited November 2018 in General Chat
How difficult is it to starforce to 20 stars? How many mesos should be expected to get the job done? I know it all comes down to luck but an average number helps

Also what about the difficulty after 20 stars?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2018
    Lol...22 stars is considered a completed weapon...but I am too chicken to go past 17 :T
    Goooood Luck buddy. I wouldn't recommend without a LOT of spare weapons handy for the breaking of your weapon.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    edited November 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Lol...22 stars is considered a completed weapon...but I am too chicken to go past 17 :T
    Goooood Luck buddy. I wouldn't recommend without a LOT of spare weapons handy for the breaking of your weapon.

But the destruction rate is only about 2% lol i'm more concerned with failure chance and losing stars
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    2% os more likely for you to hit than the 20% to enhance, lol. Nexpn is backwards in it's odds.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2018
    it's not difficult per-say as it's all RNG based. Like Petal magic mentioned, keep extra weapons on hand in case the on you're enhancing booms.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    Some folks get to 20* relatively easy. Others not at all. Guildie of mine once spend 35 bill on a single item, bouncing around between 15-19 and booming it over and over. He did not reach 20* in the end.
    Personally I'm sticking to 17* for now :D
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    My luck is absolute crap. lol. I seriously spend 30-60m just going from 10* to 12*. And to further explain my luck. I recently returned. My mage had some event hat on, wasn't bad, but needed some upgrading as it is only level 80. 3 lined epic pot on it, but only one line was useful, and that was a sad 3% int. I got a level 80 hat that had 6% int. I went through the trouble of transferring this all the way to a chaos pink bean hat that had a bonus stat of 4% all stats. Nice I thought! I used one occult cube on the previous hat, and got 6%, 3%, 3% all int, so 12%, plus the hat has a bonus stat of 3% all stats. So it became a 15% int hat in one occult cube, and became 6k better in atk than the now untradable hat I just equipped and made, and enhance to 12 stars. This level 80 5 star hat is better than my 12 star level 135! I cant win. I guess I'll have to transfer this to bean hat. More trading up again, but at least with better potential than before this time. 12% is much more worth transferring forward than 6%. So horrible luck, and good luck rolled into one.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    edited November 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    Some folks get to 20* relatively easy. Others not at all. Guildie of mine once spend 35 bill on a single item, bouncing around between 15-19 and booming it over and over. He did not reach 20* in the end.
    Personally I'm sticking to 17* for now :D

lol yikes, ok
    Deadling wrote: »
    My luck is absolute crap. lol. I seriously spend 30-60m just going from 10* to 12*. And to further explain my luck. I recently returned. My mage had some event hat on, wasn't bad, but needed some upgrading as it is only level 80. 3 lined epic pot on it, but only one line was useful, and that was a sad 3% int. I got a level 80 hat that had 6% int. I went through the trouble of transferring this all the way to a chaos pink bean hat that had a bonus stat of 4% all stats. Nice I thought! I used one occult cube on the previous hat, and got 6%, 3%, 3% all int, so 12%, plus the hat has a bonus stat of 3% all stats. So it became a 15% int hat in one occult cube, and became 6k better in atk than the now untradable hat I just equipped and made, and enhance to 12 stars. This level 80 5 star hat is better than my 12 star level 135! I cant win. I guess I'll have to transfer this to bean hat. More trading up again, but at least with better potential than before this time. 12% is much more worth transferring forward than 6%. So horrible luck, and good luck rolled into one.

ah that is similar to my luck!