[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 01/03/2019 - 01/09/2019

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited January 2019 in Announcements
Please see below for the ban data covering: 01/03/2019 - 01/09/2019

Ban reason: Advertising
Number of characters banned: 123
Number of accounts banned: 122

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 17,266
Number of accounts banned: 9.976

Full list of banned characters: http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/42174

Comments

• SuperSlothSuperSloth
    Reactions: 100
    You guys keep banning legitimate players for ¨¨botting.¨ I thought this problem was going to be resolved before you began banning characters again. This is just purely unfair.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    SuperSloth wrote: »
    You guys keep banning legitimate players for ¨¨botting.¨ I thought this problem was going to be resolved before you began banning characters again. This is just purely unfair.

Stopping all bans because some players are being banned unfairly isn't a good idea.
    That said, it is a bit strange that they've increased the number of bans compared to previous weeks.
    Maybe the hackers/botters decided their new years resolution was to make even more meso?
    We have the character names with these posts though, most of these do seem like throwaway names, though there are also plenty that don't.

Edit: It might be a little more complex or possibly risky (potential abuse from hackers), but listing the ban reason might be a good idea.
    Rather than just slapping "hack" or "bot", it would be nice to know EXACTLY what these people are accused of.
  • SimplySooshiSimplySooshi
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2019
    Banned cuz of that bullshit dll/memory corruption bug they still haven't fixed. Told me I was banned for not taking damage from mobs for a certain amount of time. DC'd and banned 5 minutes after that dll **** spontaneously appeared while I was training in End of World and customer support won't believe a word I say.
    So yeah... definitely unfair. I want all the hours I spent farming coins daily on multiple characters back. Didn't even get to spend any cuz was waiting on 30% sale too since I won't be getting unbanned until after the event ends.