[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reminder: Winter update events end today!

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Today, January 22, is the last day for many events that have been with us all winter. Remember to do all these things before reset:

- Give your Determination to the Spark at Outpost, in return for Alliance Medal coins. (The determination collection bar might not be removed until the maintenance on Jan 23, but I would not risk it)
- Raise your Alliance rank
- Claim Relay boxes
- Create Zero or Beast Tamer
- Finish leveling your Tera Burning character and opening its gift boxes

The Alliance Supply Depot shop will still be available after the game update tomorrow, so no need to rush that.

Happy Mapling!
Invulgo

Comments

• RayzYRayzY
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited January 2019
    ain't the game update at Jan 23? is it a maintence only?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    The game update maintenance is indeed Jan 23.
    RayzY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Oh goddamnit, today is the last day? I'm gonna be like 2-300 coins short of getting legend 4
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Oh goddamnit, today is the last day? I'm gonna be like 2-300 coins short of getting legend 4

According to the preview video, you're still able to raise your alliance rank, you'll just get about 200 coins a day instead of 500 iirc
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019

According to the preview video, you're still able to raise your alliance rank, you'll just get about 200 coins a day instead of 500 iirc

Wasn't there some box thing you get based on your rank beforehand?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

The preview video is a bit misleading. It meant that you could still raise your rank at the time the video was released.

According to CM Ghiblee's response in this thread http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23390/what-is-the-last-day-to-rank-up-alliance, the last day to rank up is today.
    Invulgo
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

The preview video is a bit misleading. It meant that you could still raise your rank at the time the video was released.

According to CM Ghiblee's response in this thread http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23390/what-is-the-last-day-to-rank-up-alliance, the last day to rank up is today.

RAWZ1li.jpg

Guess I'm not getting whatever the legend 4 box gives then ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Nor the 10k maple points for getting to leg4 which really irritates me
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited January 2019
    I surprisingly managed to get to Legend IV. The grind Determination was better than I anticipated.
    What was really hard was getting from level 190 to completing the Arcane Power quest in one day, so I could get the Eternal Flame title done in time. (Should have just bought a Storm Growth potion for that last level...)
    I thought the quest requirements being bypassed for Tera Burning to 5th job was a little bit more than not having to do the Temple of Time.
    There was a mad scramble for several hours before I went to bed. (My timezone and commitments meant that I had to be done about 12 hours before the cut off time.)
    I'm feeling a bit Tera burnt out now. :/
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I have been informed that, after tomorrow's maintenance, there will be a way to turn in leftover determination.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    I was 119 coins off of legend 4. I ended up with 1,881 when I capped before reset.

I'm perfectly calm.

8Dly66r.gif
    YinYangX
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2019
    Question: Why did they turn of the ability to claim coins by turning in determination instead of turning off the sources of gaining determination to prevent gaining anymore determination? I've missed out on 655+10% coins because of this and this isn't the first time it happened for a coin event. People should still be able to claim coins from their remaining determination instead of stare at their lost coins until the maintenance deletes that data permanently from the game. This is why I hate coin events because it's either claiming them that gets cut off too soon or not being able to spend them because the NPC gets deleted before maintenance rather than when Nexon puts the game offline.
    lol nevermind I'm retarded but still stand by my point:
    Nexon could have easily removed Alliance Skills by having the skills expire at x date and have the determination quests expire on x date as well and kept the fountain active.

We'll be able to claim unclaimed coins from the fountain of determination by talking to the maple admin after maintenance. Hopefully if we have more events like this that they'll still allow coins to be claimed from the meter and simply cut off the sources to potentially rack up more coins until the game update maintenance.