[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

I'm the real Tiger.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Thugles wrote: »
    If ao many people are saying something sucks, then they either have a point or they're engaged in a plot to make the game look bad.
    Sure, but I think it gets blown out of proportion.
    I think that players attribute "MapleStory sucks" to one or two problems rather than looking at the whole picture.
    The community's negative attitude most certainly does make the game worse.
    I think this is what players should be focusing on first, since it's something we can fix ourselves.
    I don't know why you're saying he doesn't care about the game when it's clear that MapleStory still means a lot to him. Why replying in other people's topics dismissing everything they said and basing your entire argument in "it's just the normal course of things, everything you said is WRONG"? Why are you being so aggressive?
    Because it sounds like from his post that he doesn't play the game anymore. Thus, he has no real right to comment on the state of the game imo.
    Also his post is mostly just "I used to be somebody. Here's my story." when the story in question is so old I doubt anyone still playing even cares.
    I like being "aggressive" because I can get people to explain their opinions better by disagreeing and not sugar coating it.
    I can understand and accept people playing MapleStory and enjoying it, but please understand that many of us can find solid reasons to feel the "it was better before".
    I perfectly understand that these people feel like this. But that was then, this is now. Move on.
    I'm not here to upset feelings or hurt people. I'm just speaking my mind without filtering it.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2019
    I don't think we should scale the game's progress down in terms of leveling or flashy skills. There is a mixed players on players who like new features and classes/mechanics where others in the past preferred the basic (me missing some old skills but at the time hyped when I see a class in KMST.) The devs created a pretty good 5th job skill system. It was powerful, but I saw some people were overjoyed to see some skills that were a throwback to old skills. For old Night Lords and Night Walkers, the new skill Shurrikane closely resembled the skill Avenger, an old favorite. The same can be said for some other classes, but it sometimes when a skill is removed and new skills don't resemble their favorite old ones (Salvo replacing Laser Cannon.)

The old skills people missed could be introduced back as Skill Node on the matrix or squeezed into a class's skillset or even their Beginner's skilltab. The skills will be focused primarily on awakening the nostalgic feeling in older players. I know this idea is a lot of clutter, but this is the only way I can think about bringing back the old features while using a new system KMS wants us to embrace.

I've seen other games that reused their old games but made it appeal to the old and new players of its time. Ever since the Wii, Wii U, Switch came, games became more advanced. At first I thought Mario's 2D career ended and we have NEW Super Mario Bros, but Nintendo purposely put in Easter eggs that alluded to old titles and even made a game about 2D platforming where everything is up to you. Newer games like Super Mario Odyssey introduces new features while giving us elements from the first Mario games both 2D and 3D (sucks how you cannot sleep, talk to NPCs, or grab ledges in Wii U and 3DS Mario games.) If Maplestory's new features had references to its past without having to wait for an anniversary, it would make the game a bit more enjoyable.
  • ReignOfAragonReignOfAragon
    Reactions: 700
    edited May 2021
    Hi everyone Tiger got his last lvl in the rankings wrong he said lvl {187} he stopped at lvl {181} then his account was deleted !the real Tiger would never make a mistake with his lvl when he stopped. This is a made-up story a total lie. The real Tiger is a guy from England ( his name is Gavin)His gf at the time deleted his account after a fight.
This discussion has been closed.