[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I don't understand the equipment drop mechanics.

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited September 2019 in General Chat
So. Whenever I look at "where to drop level xx items" threads on reddit, here or on sites like Hidden-street everyone says "just fight mobs of your level".
Now. If I drop monster cards and look at them, every mob has a set of specific equipment items it drops. And usually these ain't his or my level. Almost all 90-110 mobs drop lvl 70 gear exclusively. And everything above 110 drops 110 items.
Now I fought a while in Ellin Forest and got a lot of 100 equipment from 95-100 mobs which were not on their monster card.
So. Do I get this right? Every mob has a set of items only he drops, but all mobs drop on-level equipment additionally to their personal drops?
So "Fight mobs at your level" is actually the way to go?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Fight mobs at your level is the way to go. However certain areas will drop equipment outside of the level range. Future maps are a good example of this.
    This is just a relic of the past that Nexon has yet to correct. If your group of mobs isn't dropping the gear you need for mules/new characters, either tough it out until the next 10 level range or change locations.
    YinYangX
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Fighting mobs around your level will drop gear around your level. The monster cards are dated, and may not accurately represent the full drop tables.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    Reactions: 650
    edited September 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Fighting mobs around your level will drop gear around your level. The monster cards are dated, and may not accurately represent the full drop tables.

So on-level is a thing to go, but when I need something specific, the "old" drop cards are a good guide?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

So on-level is a thing to go, but when I need something specific, the "old" drop cards are a good guide?

If you need something specific, either ask people who take notes of those things or just use memory/grind around.
    The cards aren't really accurate at all to what stuff drops what.
    HuskyDMJostabeere