[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feel free to add more things

CuzWhiteCuzWhite
Reactions: 510
edited November 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
maybe more of the same but nexon you really need to get things up.... Its pretty simple actually...

Make new more challenge Party quests... (Just like old cwkpq that kind of pq)

Make bossing more funny such as make indivitual rewards (ppl doesnt like to take ppl into bossing because they loot all and at the end you earn nothing...)

Make new events with some history on it ....

Bring back sharening party quests with new rewards... so actually guildies could do more things as guild more than sit and take channel for talk....

Game is actually pretty good i personally liked all the new content but honestly you forgot about players and make them work together....

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2019
    CuzWhite wrote: »
    maybe more of the same but nexon you really need to get things up.... Its pretty simple actually...

Make new more challenge Party quests... (Just like old cwkpq that kind of pq) As long as going solo is more efficient, no one will bother

Make bossing more funny such as make indivitual rewards (ppl doesnt like to take ppl into bossing because they loot all and at the end you earn nothing...)This is how you get a party full of mules getting 6x the drops of one guy

Make new events with some history on it ...."Just pull lore out of your ass, nbd"

Bring back sharening party quests with new rewards... so actually guildies could do more things as guild more than sit and take channel for talk....????????

Game is actually pretty good i personally liked all the new content but honestly you forgot about players and make them work together....

Replies in bold. Honestly not sure what you're saying, beyond the fact that it amounts to "make people party up for things". I don't think I need to tell you that if people don't want to party up for something, then they won't. And forcing party requirements onto things works only for as long as the content stays popular. After that it becomes a pointless gateway.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    The solution isn't to force people to party play or give instanced drops.
    Party play needs mostly to be stronger outside of bossing/party quests.

The biggest flaw for party grind is that the EXP boost is slow to start out.
    A six man party gives a great boost to EXP, but there are hardly any maps that require six people.
    Meanwhile on top of needing 4+ players for good EXP boost, the mesos are just nerfed into the ground for being in a party.
    The EXP bonus needs to be higher for 2~4 members, as well as new bigger maps for 200+ areas. (Where most of the grind is.)
    As for meso, maybe give it a similar boost. So players aren't being gimped for being in a party.

The only way this would be viable without creating more of a "2PC Meta" is by fixing the way the leech system works.
    Right now the system only requires you to have recently used a skill/attack (even if you hit nothing) or get hit by a mob.
    A possible solution might be to require a certain number of mobs to be killed or a certain damage thresh-hold.

For party quests, There should probably be some kind of system like Absolab/Arcane gear.
    Where each shop gives slightly different rewards. Possibly put some cash shop cover type stuff to interest players. (Like Friend Story)
    Each party quest should be revamped for 5th job characters and newer classes.

Of course these changes are unlikely to happen, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to aim for a more social/enjoyable MMO game.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    CuzWhite wrote: »

Make new more challenge Party quests... (Just like old cwkpq that kind of pq)

Make bossing more funny such as make indivitual rewards (ppl doesnt like to take ppl into bossing because they loot all and at the end you earn nothing...)

Make new events with some history on it ....

Bring back sharening party quests with new rewards... so actually guildies could do more things as guild more than sit and take channel for talk....

Its not that simple, i dont know about programming but my guess is that you need resources to make those thing and also study if playera will actually use that content or not and if it will interact in a negative way causing bugs and problems with the existing content so,its not that easy i think.