[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot or Normal Server for someone that works?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited January 2020 in General Chat
my work schedule/life if iffy i work a mid shift 10am-7pm. get home around 8pm eat dinner, showre, etc.. by time im done with all of that i maybe play video games for idk 2-3 hours before bed. on my days off it's iffy as well some days i have to work maybe 5 hours only other days i can play but i have little errands i have to do here and there throughout the day.

With Reboot i think farming meso's might take a little longer for me but doable. With normal idk i can buy stuff with real money sure but in the end with the amount of hours i am playing daily it feels wasted to spend so much money just to get there or even on NX.

Any suggestions? i do plan to buy NX but i don't really plan to invest money to afford in game items i like to earn things myself.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    I'll just list the progression difference between the server (without burning a hole in your wallet and without events)

Regular Server
    -Learning economy, the art of merchanting, what people like to buy and when is part of the game to progress faster
    -You farm bosses for cube with multiple characters (time gated by bosses daily limit per character)
    -Monster are weaker so training multiple character to lv 60/100/140/200 is much easier
    -Training multiple character is easier as you can share/buy training gears

Reboot Server
    -It is possible to progress in Reboot by just doing daily bosses and Ursus for meso, cube, and flame on multiple characters
    -You farm regular monster for mesos to buy cube/flame (no limit to how much you can farm)
    -Monster are 2-5x tankier in HP, so getting lv 60/100/140/200 on multiple character is more grindy due to inability to share equipment
    -If you manage to get to one shot territory when training, it is faster to level due to the increase in exp (you'll probably be lv 230 by then)

For maximum enjoyment and satisfaction, try to fight a boss you never fought before as soon as possible to get an idea how far you from beating the boss. Then learn the strategy to survive through trial and error, improve you equipment just to the point you will barely defeat the boss in time.

In term of solo progression from zero to hero without interacting with the market (earning equip and scrolling/cubing/flaming them yourself), you can solo defeat bosses you never fought before sooner in Reboot, but building an army of characters for link skill and legion is easier in non-reboot.
    YinYangXBarfonwhalesFuhreakCount
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited January 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    I'll just list the progression difference between the server (without burning a hole in your wallet and without events)

Regular Server
    -Learning economy, the art of merchanting, what people like to buy and when is part of the game to progress faster
    -You farm bosses for cube with multiple characters (time gated by bosses daily limit per character)
    -Monster are weaker so training multiple character to lv 60/100/140/200 is much easier
    -Training multiple character is easier as you can share/buy training gears

Reboot Server
    -It is possible to progress in Reboot by just doing daily bosses and Ursus for meso, cube, and flame on multiple characters
    -You farm regular monster for mesos to buy cube/flame (no limit to how much you can farm)
    -Monster are 2-5x tankier in HP, so getting lv 60/100/140/200 on multiple character is more grindy due to inability to share equipment
    -If you manage to get to one shot territory when training, it is faster to level due to the increase in exp (you'll probably be lv 230 by then)

For maximum enjoyment and satisfaction, try to fight a boss you never fought before as soon as possible to get an idea how far you from beating the boss. Then learn the strategy to survive through trial and error, improve you equipment just to the point you will barely defeat the boss in time.

In term of solo progression from zero to hero without interacting with the market (earning equip and scrolling/cubing/flaming them yourself), you can solo defeat bosses you never fought before sooner in Reboot, but building an army of characters for link skill and legion is easier in non-reboot.

thanks i know i asked this question a few days ago but still iffy on which one because time is stressed for me from work and ive been bouncing back and forth from normal and reboot. i think in the end imma opt for reboot try and save more money and possibly force myself to play more often then i do after work. im not too worried about meso farming or link skills in time i will get there im just too stressed on time in general and dont have all the money to fund via NX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    The only downside I see to reboot is that it's a much larger time investment than non-reboot. You can buy pretty much all progression items(cubes, circulators, etc) with mesos, and eventually you'll come to a point where the majority of your time spent on reboot is spent getting more mesos. Still, try it out, see how it feels to you. I just want you to know that reboot will be a fairly big time commitment.
    Fuhreakbumbertyr
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    If u ha e money and dont mind spending quite a lot on a game go normal server.
    If ure patient and dont mind taking ur time and like nice cosmetics but dont like to spend much, go reboot
    WONDERGUYYinYangXBarfonwhales
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited January 2020
    thanks all think i will stick to reboot dont think i want to invest more monye on normal servers and rather just invest more time farming mesos
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2020
    I work 8hrs and i play on reboot, working isnt an excuse , u just progress slower.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Reboot has a strange difficulty curve to it.

You at some points have mobs with 5x the hp of normal but less than 2x the exp and then in endgame (everything after 200) it becomes easy for some reason. Everything has 2.3x exp with <2x hp. In other words lvl 200s are relatively difficult but any progress toward 250 or 275 can be quite a bit easier.

The above doesn't/shouldn't really matter for your choice though. You either want to be able to access most of the game for "free" at the cost of grinding OR you want full access to the whole game where free to play progression is generally very slow but you can buy things for nx (cash shop) and trade with other players (auction house, discord, etc).

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Reboot has a strange difficulty curve to it.

You at some points have mobs with 5x the hp of normal but less than 2x the exp and then in endgame (everything after 200) it becomes easy for some reason. Everything has 2.3x exp with <2x hp. In other words lvl 200s are relatively difficult but any progress toward 250 or 275 can be quite a bit easier.

The above doesn't/shouldn't really matter for your choice though. You either want to be able to access most of the game for "free" at the cost of grinding OR you want full access to the whole game where free to play progression is generally very slow but you can buy things for nx (cash shop) and trade with other players (auction house, discord, etc).

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Formulas#Reboot_Monster_Stats
    Regular Monsters
    Level 10~19: 1.5x HP, 1.4x EXP
    Level 20~34: 2x HP, 1.5x EXP
    Level 35~39: 2.5x HP, 1.7x EXP
    Level 40~59: 3x HP, 1.9x EXP
    Level 60~69: 4x HP, 2.4x EXP
    Level 70~99: 4.5x HP, 2.5x EXP
    Level 100~275: 5x HP, 2.7x EXP
    Star Force Monsters
    Any level: 1.5x HP, 1.2x EXP
    Arcane Force Monsters
    Level 200~209: 2.4x HP, 2.3x EXP
    Level 210~219: 2.1x HP, 2.3x EXP
    Level 220~275: 1.7x HP, 2.3x EXP

This is what he's talking about by the way. So basically what happens with Reboot servers, is that the levels before 200 are much harder.
    It's harder to build a legion and harder to get to 200. However once you get to the one shot point post 200, reboot becomes easier to grind.
    Getting to that one shot point is harder in reboot, but again, once you hit that, reboot becomes much easier.
    So in layman's terms, Reboot has a harder curve, but the ceiling on that curve also caps higher. (EXP wise)

The reverse is true for the damage cap though. Which means that the reverse is true for bosses as well.
    Bosses are easier on Non-Reboot and harder on Reboot.
    This is due to the fact that we do not get bonus potential or scrolls/spell trace.
    As well as a few other good Non-reboot only equips that are extremely powerful.

There's a little bit more to it than "Reboot is time based/Normal is $$$ based". (This is what it boils down to though)
    If you have both time and money available, go for whichever bossing experience you want I'd say.
    Reboot is going to be harder and normal servers will be easier.