[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gender Changer npc

Comments

• JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited February 2020
    its not weird or convoluted, it is a solution that reflects reality
    you can disagree, but please stop pretending not to understand
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2020
    Jez wrote: »
    you can disagree, but please stop pretending not to understand

You should take your own advice. You insist on making a bigger problem out of this than is necessary. The easiest, simplest solution would be to remove gender flags from everything globally. This would achieve the same effect of being rid of anvil restrictions.

Yet you feel an apparent need to continue cramming gender divides into the equation that serve no purpose but to make a five-minute quick fix take three months.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Jez wrote: »
    it matters because it is an avatar for a person, there is a distinction irl and the underwear thing reflects this

It's not an avatar for a person, though.
    I have both male and female characters.
    Some of my males have short hair, and some have long hair. Same with my females.
    None of them look like real-life me.

Maplestory has "April Fool's" hair and face coupons, which allow characters to take on styles that are normally "reserved" for the other gender. You can make a male and female character that are identical down to the last pixel. And they're also identical in terms of stats, skills, and other gameplay features. So what purpose does the gender attribute serve, other than to limit cosmetics (which is something you want removed) and weddings?

I agree that having 12 Royal selections at once would make it more expensive to get the styles you want. So the coupons can be separated by "long hair Royals" vs "short hair Royals", or "delicate-featured faces" vs "bold-featured faces". I've often seen people complain that a certain hair or face is put in the male line-up when it's "obviously feminine," and vice versa, anyway.
    Fuhreak
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited February 2020
    well we are gonna have to agree to disagree
  • BunnyBombBunnyBomb
    Reactions: 795
    Can we just get rid of the gender system completely. Everyone can where all hair style, all armors, and that would also allow for gay marriage. It really is just a simple fix for everything and is way more LGBTQA+ friendly
    Cheren
  • BunnyBombBunnyBomb
    Reactions: 795
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Remove gender flags, let people wear what they want, let people use the faces and hairs they want. Problem solved with absolutely none of your weird convoluted mess.

this