[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fairy Bros Damage Skin Box failed to give Dmg Skin

RexaarRexaar
Reactions: 3,645
edited March 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary:
The box failed to give the damage skin "Nine-Tailed Fox Damage Skin"
6PzFVY4.png
because I already have a completely different damage skin with the same name currently equipped
AKDneCx.png
which I have gotten 10 minutes earlier from the "defeat 30 Chief Priest times" reward.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Acquire, equip and save the damage skin from "defeat 30 Chief Priest times" reward in Shaolin Temple
2. Use the fairy bros damage skin box to select it version of the "Nine-Tailed Fox Damage Skin"
3. Notice the damage skin remain unchanged

If it is not the step to reproduce, my hazy memories recalled using the box, changing the damage skin because I was expecting a coupon instead. But I cannot tell if it exactly what happened because I was not expecting to remember it.

Character name: Rexaar2
Character level: 254
Character job: Hero
World name: Scania
Date and time of the incident: around 6:20 AM EST, 4 March, 2020

Comments

• JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited March 2020
    this happened to me too. i relogged my character and the correct damage skin was applied.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    -snip-

Hello,
    Can you confirm the following?
    1. Do you still experience this bug - meaning you still did not get the selected damage skin upon relogging/etc.?
    2. If yes for #1, did your Damage Skin Box get consumed upon selecting the skin?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited March 2020
    The damage skin did not change to the selected damage skin after I logged back in some time later because I switched back to my old old damage skin few minutes after opening the box before logging off some hours later.

The damage skin box was consumed upon selecting the damage skin and nothing changed.

Based on what Jex has said, it was probably just server/client failing to synchronize properly and changing damage skin to another different damage skin with the same name is most likely just a complete coincidence.