[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Gollux still sucks, but I'm done whining

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2020
    I0ny wrote: »
    As a returning player who used to get some NX and had some funding behind, but nowhere close to the levels needed to do the newer bosses (Lotus -> or CRA), Gollux was one of the best ways to improve my damage, even though it took a fair 2 months to even finish with my reinforced set first (didn't have the damage to go for superiors, and after I got the damage, never had one to drop in the 2,5 months I was able to run Hellux). Now, there's absolutely no way I can even deal with Hard Gollux as solo, meaning there's no chance to get even reinforced drops from it. So like someone said earlier, it will take at least half a year of daily golluxes to get all the superior gear, while I should also be working and have a social life outside the game when it also has other required daily stuff in order to progress?

I think I'm just going to quit it for good, everything is so extremely pay2win or if you wanna reboot with a clean start since everything is in the regular servers, the time gating to get to do the newer bosses is just beyond ridiculous, and there's no way someone working full time can do it. Sorry to say, but this update probably made a lot of those considering to get back to the game turn away, and I don't think you can really afford it...

Oh yeah, and fix those hitboxes, they are just stupid right now.

play one of the reboot newer classes especially adele and u won;t be too far behind or wait for the next new class that could not of benefited from potential badges and the one time events and the likes
  • JelaniJelani
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2020
    God forbid we have to wait a month to get an end game set piece that we cube then starforce and keep forever. Time gating or making up for power creep?
  • aleskidashaleskidash
    Reactions: 100
    IMO time gating is fine, but the problem here is that you need gollux gear to be able to kill gollux to get gollux gear. See the issue? You might be able to do it without, but it will require a great combination of no server lag, no game stutter (such as when it loads animations into ram or w/e for the first time), and your own ability to pay attention to boring boss mechanics for 30min straight. Hellux is simply too tedious to kill. It was bad enough before, but doable with carries. Now, it's just a pain in the ass. Either lower Hellux's HP or bridge the gap somehow. Now that loot is instanced, perhaps more will team up for it? Oh, who am I kidding, everyone likes playing the game social because they're antisocial.