[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mana Overload not working with Beast Tamer

EmlaynEmlayn
Reactions: 500
edited November 2020 in Bug Reporting

Bug type: Abilities

Brief bug summary: I've been using Mana Overload on Beast Tamer before the Awake patch, but after the update I get an error message in the chat saying This skill cannot be used with the equipped item.

More details:The only way I can use it now if equipping a Wand or Staff and activating it. I think it's only not allowing me to use it with Scepters.

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Beast Tamer, 5th job, equip beast tamer scepter and try to use Mana Overload

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Emalyn

Character level: 232

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 11/19/20 2:33PM PST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• 5kyguy5kyguy
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2020
    I am also experiencing this issue on my Kanna. Lvl 231. Been experiencing this since I logged on after maintenance
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited November 2020
    Hello,

This issue is listed under Known Issues on the v.218 Patch Notes as of today!
    - [Updated November 19] Kanna and Beast Tamer are unable to use Mana Overload and Ethereal Form.
    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/63065/v-218-awake-ascend-to-mastery-patch-notes#known

Thank you for the report!
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited November 2020
    It should have been addressed after our Unscheduled Minor Patch today!

-Fixing an issue where Beast Tamer and Kanna were unable to use Ethereal Form and Mana Overload skills.
    https://maplestory.nexon.net/news/63599/unscheduled-minor-patch-november-20-2020

Let us know if you still experience this issue :)
    5kyguy
  • 5kyguy5kyguy
    edited November 2020
    Hi Ghiblee! As of 11/21/2020 9:30 PM EST. I am now able to apply the buff, but there are no changes to my range or anything. It just shows that the buff is applied but there are no changes in final damage like it says or damage range. Let me know if this helps
  • 5kyguy5kyguy
    edited November 2020
    Double comment on accident ignore this
  • SyphikiSyphiki
    Reactions: 530
    edited November 2020
    5kyguy wrote: »
    Hi Ghiblee! As of 11/21/2020 9:30 PM EST. I am now able to apply the buff, but there are no changes to my range or anything. It just shows that the buff is applied but there are no changes in final damage like it says or damage range. Let me know if this helps

Hey there! I'm here to give some clarification on how the skill works.
    Mana Overload doesn't actually show a change to your damage rage or the "final damage" section of the stats. It'll apply the 8% in the middle of combat, and will not affect certain summon skills (if applicable). You might need to activate Battle Analysis and play around with it to see if damage for your skills are affected, but so far I'm not seeing any issues with that!
    5kyguy
  • 5kyguy5kyguy
    edited November 2020
    I understand now, thank you for clarifying!