[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

✓ Yu Garden NPCs Have Disappeared On December 29

PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
Reactions: 5,265
edited June 2021 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: NPC

Brief bug summary: In Shanghai's Yu Garden, the 3 Black Market Merchant NPCs have stopped appearing as of December 29th, 2020.

More details:
Liuyi, Feng Shao, and Suspicious Alchemist, the Black Market Merchant NPCs in Yu Garden, only appear for 8 hours every day, but for some reason when ChinaMS created this area, they set these NPCs to disappear permanently on December 29th, 2020. What this means is that they no longer appear in ChinaMS, JapanMS, GlobalMS, or MapleSEA as of December 29th. I have no idea why ChinaMS included an end date in the first place, but as a result many people have been unable to visit these NPCs and buy certain items with Yu Garden Coins.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Visit Yu Garden from 6 PM to 2 AM UTC (11 AM - 7 PM Pacific Time, 2 PM - 10 PM Eastern Time)
2. Attempt to visit any of the 3 NPCs mentions above. You will notice that none of them are present.

Character name: GreenGales

Character level: 255 (applies to anyone though)

Character job: Wind Archer (applies to any class though)

World name: Bera (applies to any world though)

Date and time of the incident: December 29, 2020 at 2:00 AM UTC (10 PM Eastern Time)

Comments

• RN10RN10
    I thought I was the only one having this issue. I've checked at so many different times to see the if the black market merchants would show up but nothing. I've been checking everyday for the past week now.
  • LadyWhymziiLadyWhymzii
    Reactions: 100
    Same thing here, I thought perhaps I was just converting the tome zones incorrectly. But nope, they're just not showing up.
  • babyjellobabyjello
    Reactions: 100
    Same thing here its bugged. Hope its fixed soon...
  • MaconikoMaconiko
    Same thing for me, is anyone looking into this?
  • MaconikoMaconiko
    I believe this is happening on every server, for me it is happening on Reboot.
  • MACKiBOYMACKiBOY
    Reactions: 500
    Any update about the NPC?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2021
    Now fixed, hopefully it stays that way.
    Ghiblee
  • v190v190
    Reactions: 200
    Bugged again I think. Did not see the merchant last night.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2021
    v190 wrote: »
    Bugged again I think. Did not see the merchant last night.

Are you sure you checked at the right time?