[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Bera] Perf regression with 20 channels?

KainuKainu
Reactions: 400
edited February 2021 in Bug Reporting
Since the last update my friends and I have experienced noticeable extra delays during normal gameplay -- different machines, different network, worse lag everywhere :( It takes half second or so (could be worse depending on the machine) to talk to NPC, use portals, or even just using a skill -- half a second from when the skill animation finishes (and mobs are frozen but may still hit) until the mobs go through their "dead" animation. And don't even mention Ursus or flag race x_x

I don't know if it's a direct consequence of reducing the number of channels in Bera from 30 to 20, but the timing coincide with that change. I know the channels don't appear that full, nor do they seem significantly more crowded than last year before it went from 20 to 30, but the lag is real. Can you guys do something about this? Perf optimization may be nontrivial work, but in the meantime can we have a hot fix? Switching back to 30 servers? Using more powerful hosts?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited February 2021
    All server appear to be lagging at the moment (Both EU server and NA Reboot is not affected by lag)