[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rune of Darkness didn't summon elites

YunaBeSaidYunaBeSaid
Reactions: 950
edited March 2021 in Bug Reporting
@ ~7:30pm east coast 3/28, Sellas: The Final Edge of Light 3
I know using a RoD while an elite is already spawned will fail to spawn 3 more, but there were no elites at the time. A few minutes later, an elite spawned. I was using a Fury Totem at the time.

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited March 2021
    The elite monster will fail to spawn in with no error message if the map is at the hard capped population at the moment the rune is activated.
    To avoid this, kill a lot of monsters and activate the rune before the map reach it hard capped population again.

(Soft cap population is the regular max monster without fury/kishin/frenzy, hard cap is achieved with fury/kishin/frenzy)
    JettLuvsU
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2021
    Rexaar wrote: »
    The elite monster will fail to spawn in with no error message if the map is at the hard capped population at the moment the rune is activated.
    To avoid this, kill a lot of monsters and activate the rune before the map reach it hard capped population again.

(Soft cap population is the regular max monster without fury/kishin/frenzy, hard cap is achieved with fury/kishin/frenzy)

WOW. I kept wondering if I had to like wait it out or if having a totem bugged this specific rune.... Thank you so much for this info.