[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap event?

1franky511franky51
Reactions: 755
edited April 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

Weren't these events every two years? It was the only way to try new playstyles, meet new people, and experience different economies. We cannot count the 2019 merge as one because the decisions were made for us, we had no say in which world to choose.

Me at a personal level I want those with large egoes because they feel they're the best in a small world to get crushed or at least not be stuck with people like that.

Thank you for reading an hope it is implemented, frequent world leaps would definitely help us better discover what/who we want to be with.

WONDERGUY

Comments

• JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited April 2021
    Don't think frequent world leaps would be a good idea. Everyone would just hop into whatever the most popular server is at the time. What is needed is just a huge world merger with only like 3 servers Reboot, Bera, and maybe one of the alliance worlds with a smaller population than Bera. This way everyone has there own type of server and not have to worry about finding friends as much. Also implementing some sort of cross server auction would definitely help the economies in the game. Obviously have special rules so it's not a huge mess.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Problems with your response all over
    -World merge? You'll create the exact same problem, people getting caught on the wrong side of a merge. Also like I said earlier I'm regretting my choice. What if I regret it again? There's no way to know till the player tries the world.
    -Cross world auction? That would create constant item arbitrage opportunities from a server with more population and one with less, vastly favoring the populated server.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    Reactions: 775
    edited April 2021
    1franky51 wrote: »
    -World merge? You'll create the exact same problem, people getting caught on the wrong side of a merge. Also like I said earlier I'm regretting my choice. What if I regret it again? There's no way to know till the player tries the world.
    -Cross world auction? That would create constant item arbitrage opportunities from a server with more population and one with less, vastly favoring the populated server.

There's two types of players:
    1>Those who enjoy the peace of being able to farm where ever and whenever
    2>Those who enjoy packed servers with massive amounts of people, which in turn creates a heavily bustling economy and competitive world leaderboard

So the goal is to create 2 servers based on the 2 types of players

A world merge I believe is fine if they
    Upgrade the server first or clean up the code to ensure server stability (Ex: TB Change)
    (I am also d/cing so much it's a feature to the game now)

Then, advertise in advance that they'll merge servers and players can choose between two worlds from merge day onwards
    (This is not a limited time event, but it's a one time change which every account can do once and has the ability to do so until they decide
    The above is to ensure the players who come back don't get stuck in crossroads again when they do come back)

-Server A: Aims towards High Pop
    -Server B: Aims towards Low Pop
    + Extend channel Limits to 40 because 20 channels isn't enough (This is good QoL for the Low Pop Server and essential for the High Pop Server)

How's this?

And yeah no Cross World Auction. The problem with that is the economy issues with each server will all be linked.
    If one server has botters ruining the economy, it's just universally fked now
    Also each server should be a different experience and part of the experience includes the economy running through Auction House
    This also allows for Cross World RMT and I'm sure a lot more issues
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Don’t group players into two types, humans are volatile in general. Applying a permanent solution like a world merge to volatile players leaves no room for error.
    I’m with player choice 100%. Don’t like it? Simply just move back next year or two. There’s no going back from a world merge.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2021
    How about just where people could pay nx to transfer characters? That option was in cs at certain times long ago.
    Or an event where you could earn tickets to transfer characters. I'm still messed up from that Bera glitch that happened a few years ago and would love the option of atleast moving a few of my characters to the same world.

I don't think we need a full world merge just a leap event of some sorts would be nice.
    1franky51
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Paying to move worlds and working for it are both good ideas. Add a trade and time restriction too so markets don’t get ruined. Anything to disincentivize jumping too often.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    Only a few people would actually use World Leap if you had to pay for it, because most of the playerbase is f2p
    It's no issue for people with money to spare but it does leave a bit of bitterness for me
    If there is a world leap, it's gotta be an event that encourages people to go all at once and f2p friendly
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    SenzuBean wrote: »
    Only a few people would actually use World Leap if you had to pay for it, because most of the playerbase is f2p
    It's no issue for people with money to spare but it does leave a bit of bitterness for me
    If there is a world leap, it's gotta be an event that encourages people to go all at once and f2p friendly
    You whine too much, I’ll take a world leap in whichever form.

• AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021

Im with Franky here, take a world leap in whichever form. Yea sorry not everything is going to be f2p friendly.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    So AKradian wrote in the maple story discord about this instead of engaging with us here. His argument was the last one was a disaster.
    That’s the argument? What could have fixed the disaster when players made the wrong choice? You can still fix it! We’re still playing. Send an email to those who have quit. Make a brave move.
    A memo claimed removing events and items was because of timing. Well now is the time:
    -Players have returned to a world they didn’t choose.
    -People quit because they made the wrong choice right? Let them take it back.
    -You already look like you’re removing DMT because of the reboot disaster, then using the same argument for another event that’s happened every two years before your (reversible) disaster.
    I thank you for the light statement on totems and badges in the past memo. If you’re removing this age old event for real, make it clear.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    So AKradian wrote in the maple story discord about this instead of engaging with us here. His argument was the last one was a disaster.
    That’s the argument? What could have fixed the disaster when players made the wrong choice? You can still fix it! We’re still playing. Send an email to those who have quit. Make a brave move.
    A memo claimed removing events and items was because of timing. Well now is the time:
    -Players have returned to a world they didn’t choose.
    -People quit because they made the wrong choice right? Let them take it back.
    -You already look like you’re removing DMT because of the reboot disaster, then using the same argument for another event that’s happened every two years before your (reversible) disaster.
    I thank you for the light statement on totems and badges in the past memo. If you’re removing this age old event for real, make it clear.

The disaster wasn't that people quit.
    It was that a lot of people moved to Bera, resulting in one world that was overcrowded and laggy (and still hasn't quite recovered) and multiple worlds that became "dead" (and, despite world merges since, are still considered "dead" by some, especially returnees who are used to 2010 levels of population).
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    Wow. Had I’d known you’d respond so quickly, I would not have wrote that last post with that tone. Thank you. My argument still stands, a world leap would help that! It hasn’t recovered because you’re not allowing players to leave. You done this before with Windia and Scania, allow exit but not entry. KMS even had incentives for burning world moves to the worlds they wanted.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021

Im with Franky here, take a world leap in whichever form. Yea sorry not everything is going to be f2p friendly.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    So block Bera from entry. I have about 15 chars Id happily move from Bera to go to another world. Cause right now you guys sounds like "Bera has too many people, we are going to make them stay in Bera." You could get friends and maybe whole guilds that want to go to less populated worlds. If you hold a world transfer and block Bera, the worse that can happen is no one moves. The best is that hey, less people in Bera and more at the other worlds.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited April 2021
    The reason why Bera is so overcrowded is because it's become the one world known for people to gather for a more populated server
    Doesn't make sense to bar entry to Bera as it goes against the server's path for growth
    The worst that can happen if you bar entry is that the entirety(or a good Majority) of Bera agree to mass flood a different server and creates an even more overcrowded server in a World that was previously chosen for being quiet.
    (Which can 100% happen because most players can easily coordinate on discord)
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited April 2021
    Acidtongue wrote: »
    So block Bera from entry. I have about 15 chars Id happily move from Bera to go to another world. Cause right now you guys sounds like "Bera has too many people, we are going to make them stay in Bera." You could get friends and maybe whole guilds that want to go to less populated worlds. If you hold a world transfer and block Bera, the worse that can happen is no one moves. The best is that hey, less people in Bera and more at the other worlds.

Well the only way I see any type of world leap/transfer working is the cash shop item. I forgot the price of what it use to be but it must be pricy. At least 50k nx per transfer. That way everyone won't just flock to one world like they did in the past with Bera. Blocking off Bera doesn't fix anything. As long as it's free world leaps people will just hop to the next biggest world and all flock there. It just ruins the point of a world transfer in the first place. As long as it's paid transfers with a high price tag on it then it can be used the correct way and allow people who want to try something new be able to.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    I view what happened to Bera as a beautiful thing and anything similar should be embraced. However, AKradian was clear, the data is in and blocking off Bera solves that issue. Doing nothing about it is the real crime.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2021
    Blocking off Bera would just be a repeat of what happened in 2017.
    Back then, Scania and Windia were blocked off because they had high population, so people looking for denser population all went to Bera. And then people in Scania and Windia saw that Bera was getting bigger, and leaped there too. It was a snowball.
    If we close Bera and open Scania, the reverse could happen, and we end up with overcrowded Scania and "dead" Bera.

Nexon is aware of the problem of players being stuck in a world they don't like, for population reasons or otherwise. But no good solution has been suggested yet.
  • 1franky511franky51
    edited April 2021
    How about displaying an over population warning when moving? To use your example, if Scania is hitting/hits a threshold that is considered overcrowded, warn that Scania is close to capacity and will close off. You have the thresholds already, what happened in 2017 has provided that data. There’s a warning I see when I accidentally click reboot sometimes, it works, I don’t play reboot as a result.

For those of us who have made up our minds on where to go to, we’ll get to move to where we want being early. Those with a sheep mind watching the bars will think extra hard about their decision. This could even open up Bera when enough have left.
  • AcidtongueAcidtongue
    edited April 2021
    What about a paywall, people have to buy a ticket to a world. Then limit number of tickets to like 3.
    It'll suck but at least gives some option of people transferring while should prevent a mass of people moving. Only the few are really going to transfer 3 characters leaving mules behind. Paywall makes it less chance of mass number of people moving.

I know people in the forum talked about how that isn't f2p but Maplestory is far from f2p. Plus if the option can be bought with maple points then those that have the meso can use the meso market. Its how people get cubes, boxes, ect from the cs. As for Bera could be people who hate how crowded it is wanting to go to a different world just as much as people want to go to Bera. I'm one of them.