[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.225 Goo Island Getaway Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Deleting permanent Safety Gems is not acceptable

shad0wn1teshad0wn1te
Reactions: 1,380
Posts: 36
Member, Private Tester
edited June 1 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
According to this post about the changes to Death Penalty and Safety Charms, the permanent Safety Gems obtained through old Cash Shop sales will be deleted and refunded (They were sold for 7k NX). This is unacceptable.

Safety Charms that already exist are being updated to remove the new effect applied to characters when they die, and the permanent Safety Gems should be updated in the same way. Players buy permanent items because they want them forever, those items being removed and refunded sets a bad precedence.

When permanent Hyper Teleport Rocks were first released, they were sold for 30k NX. What's to stop Nexon from removing those and simply refunding players 30k NX? We need to take a stand and stop Nexon now before they move on to our other permanent items.
iArrowZMapleSapoDnaman101whatchawntSeeMeRun

Comments

  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 1
    Does anyone else think that the permanent safety gem they bought years ago should be grandfathered into the new system when you die in the game?

    I bought mines when they first released it and I am not happy that they are removing it and just refunding me the cost. If this is the first permanent item they are removing from players, that means other permanent items we bought can also be removed.
  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 1
    I totally agree with you. Their refund is unacceptable. The permanent safety gem that we bought years ago should have been grandfathered into this new system. It's like they never thought of anything else but to refund all the players who bought this years ago.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    Posts: 159
    Member
    edited June 2
    this is EXACTLY what I was thinking, we need to know that our OTHER past purchases aren't going to suddenly be taken back because reasons
    just because maybe perhaps not as many people who bought them still play the game they probably thought oh lets be lazy and delete them..
    many of us still do play. this is not acceptable.

    SeeMeRun
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 2
    Imo what is not acceptable here is the whole situation. They istead of investing money on a better anti-bot system, they found a way to use the situation and apply a penalty to everyone who dies and the said curse must be lifted with real money.

    Exp gain and drop rate penalty for up to 130minutes? Many people don't even have more than one hours a day to play, now we will have a penalty.

    This is not for a better maple, this is just another way to milk us all.
  • asjiklMatasjiklMat
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited June 2
    Retroactively removing permanent safety gems came out of nowhere. Why was the community not warned or communicated this before the last minute?

    What assurances do we have that the rest of our "permanent" items aren't treated the same? The level of trust with your customers is already low -- you can easily fix this by finding another solution here.
    SeeMeRun
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,565
    Posts: 6,082
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 3
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    Imo what is not acceptable here is the whole situation. They istead of investing money on a better anti-bot system, they found a way to use the situation and apply a penalty to everyone who dies and the said curse must be lifted with real money.

    You don't have to pay real money to remove the debuff. Safety charms are sold for meso in Reboot's Cash Shop and in non-Reboot's Merchant Matilda's shop.
  • MapleSapoMapleSapo
    Reactions: 745
    Posts: 84
    Member
    edited June 3
    AKradian wrote: »
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    Imo what is not acceptable here is the whole situation. They istead of investing money on a better anti-bot system, they found a way to use the situation and apply a penalty to everyone who dies and the said curse must be lifted with real money.

    You don't have to pay real money to remove the debuff. Safety charms are sold for meso in Reboot's Cash Shop and in non-Reboot's Merchant Matilda's shop.

    Ok, my appologise if I didn't know they will still cost mesos. Now I ask, what is the point of this penalty if the item to lift the curse is easily obtainable by real players and bots?
    I mean...I believed this was made in order to avoid bots (and players) from suiciding to keep their levels like the suicide kanna situation...but now if we don't lose exp at all, the problem should be solved without the penalty. There is an important reason for this new penalty added to the game?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,565
    Posts: 6,082
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited June 4
    MapleSapo wrote: »
    Ok, my appologise if I didn't know they will still cost mesos. Now I ask, what is the point of this penalty if the item to lift the curse is easily obtainable by real players and bots?
    I mean...I believed this was made in order to avoid bots (and players) from suiciding to keep their levels like the suicide kanna situation...but now if we don't lose exp at all, the problem should be solved without the penalty. There is an important reason for this new penalty added to the game?

    The reason for the penalty is for a kind of "lore" or "immersion" reason. There needs to be an unpleasant consequence to letting your character get killed, so you will be motivated to pay attention and avoid death.

    Also, note that, in non-Reboot servers, Matilda only sells five Safety Charms per day. If you're careless enough to die (outside of bosses) more than that, you'll have to take a break or pay NX to continue.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 6
    Why are Permanent Safety Charms getting updated to stay in the game but not Permanent Safety Gems? 7k NX (1,640 NX from MM) is not anywhere near enough compensation for our item that we paid real money for and thought we would have FOREVER. If something like this is allowed, what's next....removing and refunding Frenzy Totem? Hyper Teleport Rock?

    Edit: Since Safety Charms can be bought from Matilda why not remove Permanent Safety Charms too? You can buy reg. Teleport Rocks so why not remove Hyper Teleport Rock (not the same thing but (CLOSE ENOUGH))?
    Or even you can buy Hyper Teleport Rocks and Safety Charms with Reward Points so we don't need the Permanent versions.
    We can buy Water of Life with Reward Points so lets refund all the Permanent Pets so you have to buy 90d Pets and use Reward Points to bring pets back.

    Edit: Allowing this to happen just opens up for SO MANY more things to happen that shouldn't.

    Edit: The only compensation that should be given is work Permanent Safety Gems into it or give a Permanent Safety Charm.
    SeeMeRun
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 7
    ...
  • whatchawntwhatchawnt
    Reactions: 540
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited June 8
    I agree, I really do not understand why they would not change the permanent Safety Gems to work with the new system except to siphon more money off players. So much for, "We will listen to players." They want the trust from players, but do nothing to earn it .
    Dnaman101SeeMeRun
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 8
    whatchawnt wrote: »
    So much for, "We will listen to players." They want the trust from players, but do nothing to earn it .

    So true!
  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 8
    I guess they are going on with the removal and giving refunds through maple points since they haven't acknowledged or updated the post. I'm so mad right now that they are resorting to this. Definitely have lost trust from me.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 9
    SeeMeRun wrote: »
    I guess they are going on with the removal and giving refunds through maple points since they haven't acknowledged or updated the post. I'm so mad right now that they are resorting to this. Definitely have lost trust from me.

    Don't think we are THIS lucky...but...



    Safety Charms

    As mentioned on our webpost, Safety Charms have been changed to cancel the EXP and drop rate decrease effect upon character’s death.
    The following items will no longer be sold in the Cash Shop:
    Safety Gem
    Deluxe Leveling Package
    Leveling Package

    Nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about it being removed. Although it also doesn't say anything about it being changed to do the same as Safety Charm... So.... R.I.P. Permanent Safety Gem.

    Edit: All the time and money I've spent on this game just so something like this happens. Maybe I should start a New Discussion with a poll asking people what they think the next PERMANENT item will be that will be removed.
  • SeeMeRunSeeMeRun
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited June 9
    Dnaman101 wrote: »
    SeeMeRun wrote: »
    I guess they are going on with the removal and giving refunds through maple points since they haven't acknowledged or updated the post. I'm so mad right now that they are resorting to this. Definitely have lost trust from me.

    Don't think we are THIS lucky...but...



    Safety Charms

    As mentioned on our webpost, Safety Charms have been changed to cancel the EXP and drop rate decrease effect upon character’s death.
    The following items will no longer be sold in the Cash Shop:
    Safety Gem
    Deluxe Leveling Package
    Leveling Package

    Nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about it being removed. Although it also doesn't say anything about it being changed to do the same as Safety Charm... So.... R.I.P. Permanent Safety Gem.

    Edit: All the time and money I've spent on this game just so something like this happens. Maybe I should start a New Discussion with a poll asking people what they think the next PERMANENT item will be that will be removed.

    I did get a feeling that maybe they listen to grandfather it in to the new system when I was reading the patch notes and they didn't mention it, only about the selling in the cash shop but when I went back to the post about the removal of it, they didn't change it at all or updated it. I guess we gotta wait till after the patch is done to really see what they did.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 10
    And to no surpise...Permanent Safety Gems are gone!

    Edit: Why buy anything if Nexon can take it away whenever they want and think a refund is good enough...more so because this Permanent item would have prevented such a horrible debuff. Once again the players have been Nexon'd!
  • KezrauxKezraux
    Reactions: 950
    Posts: 32
    Member
    edited June 10
    It is a complete overreaction and nothing more to think that Nexon is just going to start removing highly appreciated items "just because they can."

    Safety gems/charms/etc. were changed because the system they are related to was altered. Money spent on them was refunded. There is no reason to think that anymore items will be removed in the same manner.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 1,675
    Posts: 183
    Member
    edited June 10
    Kezraux wrote: »
    It is a complete overreaction and nothing more to think that Nexon is just going to start removing highly appreciated items "just because they can."

    Safety gems/charms/etc. were changed because the system they are related to was altered. Money spent on them was refunded. There is no reason to think that anymore items will be removed in the same manner.

    No one ever thought any Permanent item would ever get removed from the game but it has happened. No one would have a problem if they would have just given Permanent Safety Charms to all that had Permanent Safety Gems.
  • CurulanCurulan
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 10
    this is total bs i payed cash for this item so i dont have to worry about having to buy the temporary ones and waste mesos i want my permeant charm back
  • Wubs_WAWubs_WA
    Reactions: 700
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited June 10
    It doesn't say anything about Buff Freezers and all of mine got deleted.