[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan's 'Wind Jump' no longer triggers 'Return!'

AndrewHayesAndrewHayes
Reactions: 300
in Bug Reporting

Evan's double jump skill Wind Jump (formerly: Support Jump) no longer triggers the skill return post patch.
Description from the October 11th patch notes says that the skill name was changed as well as being a now being a skill Evan uses on his own with wind magic as opposed to Mir generating the wind with his wings as well a big fix involving teleportation. In the past, performing this skill would also automatically trigger the Return! skill, however it no longer does. Because this was not covered in the patch note, I am considering it a bug. Either changes to the jump skill caused it to no longer trigger the Return! skill correctly, or the patch notes did not clarify that the change was made. Since this was in the 'Job balances' segment i assume this was just a nerf that went undocumented but I'm making a post in the case it wasn't.

Steps to reproduce:
Use an Mir attack skill or a Fusion skill as Evan and then press jump while airborne to perform a Wind Jump.
Expected outcome: Upon using the skill Wind Jump, the skill Return! is also activated automatically.
Result: A Wind Jump is performed but the skill Return! does not activate.

Character Name: Lizerd

Character Level: 215

Character Job: Evan (Magician)

World Name: Elysium

Date and time of incident: 13 October 2021 5:00am Pacific Time

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2021
    It is intended because the old skill description has the phase "Activated when the [Return] skill is automatically used during Mir's attacks."
    The new skill description doesn't have that phase.

It is not specifically stated in patch note, but the dev assume that the phase "without Mir help" implies that it will no longer interrupt Mir current attack.