[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Most Immersive (story/playstyle) character?

onager234234onager234234
in General Chat
Hi guys,

I was going to create a second burning event character a few days later. I was looking for some advice. What is your most favorite immersive character, in terms of play style and storyline?

Apart from playing adventurers at pre big bang when I was a child, I have played luminous and resistance, and I definitely love them both. I think luminous is my favorite, for I loved the story, and his "trying his best to contain his inner darkness" playstyle. Although the main questline ended a little bit too soon, where I finished his story at around level 80. Resistance have a very good secretly rebellion vibe too. However the story didn't end properly in my opinion, and after lv100 I just ran out of stuff to do.

So may I have a few suggestion on what are the other characters should I play? I'm 90% prioritized on the story, and will likely to take it slow and enjoying exploring the map. So something such as "boss dps at level 250" is not one of my concern.

Thank you! Have a great holiday.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2021
    A lot of the new classes have a lot of story involved in them, so you could easily choose any of them and be happy as far as story goes. I can personally vouch for Adele, Kain, and Hoyoung as far as story is concerned.
  • NovuhzNovuhz
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2021
    However the story didn't end properly in my opinion, and after lv100 I just ran out of stuff to do.

Almost all classes stop having their story questline after lvl 100. The storyline picks up again at lvl 200 but the questline is the same for everyone from there. I won't spoil anything but resistance questline keeps going with Black Heaven al tho it's the same for everyone here as well but Black Heaven is part of the resistance questline and then there's past lvl 200 at some point but again the questline is the same for every class. Maybe just some lines are different.

• OwlettOwlett
    In my opinion Shade has one of the best storylines. His progression takes you through a few of the different areas, and his fifth job skills at level 200 complete his story even more. Doing the Heroes of Maple questline involves him, and is very touching if you've played through his character. Luminous was my second favorite story, and Zero was my third choice for story.