[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False flag, illegal detection, Masteria t time

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited June 2023 in Bug Reporting
Bug location: Inside Crimsonwood Keep in Act3 and Act4 Masteria Through Time. Timed maps (i.e maps with a count down)

I made a ticket when I first came across this false flag when I ran my lvl200+ hyper burning Shadower through it and CS couldn't find anything so we closed the ticket but it just happened with my Khali lvl205 in the exact same spots so something is up. I thought it was my McAfee but since it's happened again and my AV is up to date it must be something else. It's only being triggered on the timed maps inside the keep. Once in Act 2 and once in act 3.

Unsure if this a bug with powered up thief class (hyper burning + special Khali boost) or an issue spamming mobbing skills (Assassinate & Arts: Flurry) or the Root Abyss sets (Time-Restricted) or lag or the maps itself but whatever is going on as soon as you are inside Crimsonwood keep on a timed map (for me it was the second times maps) a false flag pops-up.

Obviously not hacking so something is going on in this location. This is just terrifying because maplestory is not the most sympathetic towards players when this happens especially when the threat of unfair bans are a reality for players like me.

So please please please can some testers try and replicate these flags in these maps and solve the issue.

world: Elysium
characters: Shadhi & BubbIegums (with an i not l)
location: Masteria Through Time (Act 3 & 4 on timed maps in Crimsonwood keep)

thanks

Edit: it's on the maps where the Stormcaster is, a theory of mine is hitting these or similar corrupted mobs that are doing this.
Edit 2: In Act 3 it's the Flamekeeper that triggers it. When you escape the keep the map where you have to kill the Flamekeepers is the map that triggers the false flag.

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited June 2023
    An older bug report has the same issue with the same kind of mobs, just in a different NLC location.

https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/33872/false-flag-illegal-detection-nlc-phantom-forest#latest
  • happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2023
    From my own observations, the common trigger seems to be the first instance per log-in session or channel change of attacking either a "Flamekeeper Siana" Elite monster or a "Corrupted Flamekeeper" regular monster - whichever happens first will trigger this alert.
  • RedRavenRedRaven
    Reactions: 925
    edited July 2023
    saw that thread...also still waiting for them to fix Root Abyss bosses which trigger a False Flag as using Illegal Program as well when a killing blow is done to them

possibly related to the NPC that has a chance to spawn after these bosses are defeated as it was not 100% trigger on killing blow....i killled 1 of those bosses twice but it didn't trigger both time for that same boss

either way i'am avoiding the area as of time being untill they announce its been fixed.....i dont want to be wrongfully banned for killing bosses which trigger a false flag

there was also nother thread b4 mine in the same area but the guy had it trigger when he opened the chest instead of when he killed the bosses

wish they would take care of it asap..especially Phantom Forest...i want Crystal Ilbi//Balanced Fury for my soon to be born Hermit