[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do Not Remove Sol Erda Cap,Change to Per Character

Comments

• TYHiltonTYHilton
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2023
    Stacona wrote: »
    Sadly some players do actually need to be protected from themselves which means a daily Sol Erda cap is actually very good for the game two reasons:
    1. Protect players from themselves.
    2. Speeds up Sol Erda progression for everyone else in the game, the vast majourity of players will progress faster each day with a daily system.

What is really, really bad for the game however is having the daily cap once per day per world/account instead of once per day per character.

Please change this to once per day per character to not discourage and destroy multi-maining.
    I even would take daily cap per day per character up to 3 characters per world/account or something is better than only 1 character is allowed to progress ever.

The other option is 1,000 sol erda energy from a daily per character with no world/account cap, remove the sol erda cap from farming monsters, but the farming rate is one-twentieth (or lower). Essentially it is only 1,000 sol erda energy per day still, but it makes players think they have uncapped daily progression.

The thing is, not everyone can log in everyday due to work, family activities and life in general. Being able to catch up during a day off or during a holiday is crucial for their progression, myself included. With such a small capp of Sol Erda everyday, there is no way that these people will ever make up the lost, wich will increase the ''FOMO'' effect.
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2023
    They don't want people to max things out until 6th job is complete.

Every job advancement starts slow and speeds up over time, 5th job has another speed up in New Age even.

And Nexon decided to progress players at X speed, so if they change things, the speed at which your progress 6th job will remain the same. Since the speed of progression is set at this rate for now, the better option is to have a sub-30 minutes hard cap per day than 4+ hours daily minimum to keep up to that same pace. In this uncapped world, it is worst for everyone, but the insanely sweaty will get a tiny buff to their speed that does not really change anything.

There is another possibility they can do:
    Daily gives 1,000 Sol Erda Energy.
    Monsters Sol Erda Energy is uncapped, but the drop rate is so low that it occurs at the same rate as bonus Arcane/Sacred Orb drops.

This results in... you get 1,000 energy per day, but with the illusion of getting more than that if you really grind it out, but nothing that would actually speed up progression.

Maybe this is the best outcome where you are appealing to everyone still and grinders get a something that is actually a nothing, but they think they are getting something.

I would make cap per character and not per account though regardless.

• SuperSoakerSuperSoaker
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2023
    They don't want people to max things out until 6th job is complete.

Every job advancement starts slow and speeds up over time, 5th job has another speed up in New Age even.

And Nexon decided to progress players at X speed, so if they change things, the speed at which your progress 6th job will remain the same. Since the speed of progression is set at this rate for now, the better option is to have a sub-30 minutes hard cap per day than 4+ hours daily minimum to keep up to that same pace. In this uncapped world, it is worst for everyone, but the insanely sweaty will get a tiny buff to their speed that does not really change anything.

There is another possibility they can do:
    Daily gives 1,000 Sol Erda Energy.
    Monsters Sol Erda Energy is uncapped, but the drop rate is so low that it occurs at the same rate as bonus Arcane/Sacred Orb drops.

This results in... you get 1,000 energy per day, but with the illusion of getting more than that if you really grind it out, but nothing that would actually speed up progression.

Maybe this is the best outcome where you are appealing to everyone still and grinders get a something that is actually a nothing, but they think they are getting something.

I would make cap per character and not per account though regardless.

I've got an idea for you, let people play the way they want. How do you think this game is so popular right now? Have you seen precedence of such a backwards cap on progress before? Symbols have already been heavily criticized for a long time but those have always had a decent growth rate that matches even the most absurd progression.

Instead of being jealous of others' free time, delete your post and kindly find something more productive to do with your time that you manage oh-so well.
  • LeoMageLeoMage
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2023
    Normal people don't need to suffer the blame for you being immature and having no self control. Let people decide what they want to do with their time.
    Argent
  • JEFFssssssssJEFFssssssss
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2023
    Or, just mind your own business and don't be a busy body. I want to max my skills quickly and I don't want or need your help to "save me from myself". Just be honest, you are the one who struggle's with emotional regulation and will feel anxiety from the FOMO so you want to cripple others so you feel better about yourself for not putting in the work.
    onkevSuperSoaker
  • StaconaStacona
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited November 2023
    Or, just mind your own business and don't be a busy body. I want to max my skills quickly and I don't want or need your help to "save me from myself". Just be honest, you are the one who struggle's with emotional regulation and will feel anxiety from the FOMO so you want to cripple others so you feel better about yourself for not putting in the work.

You will never be able to max out 6th job quickly until several years from now when 6th job is complete. Get this delusion out of your head now and your head out of your butt.

Removing the cap will not speed up progression, it will just waste your time instead. The cap makes it very time efficient so you can do whatever you want and Sol Erda Fragments are uncapped if you really need something to constantly farm for.

Ultimately, I want to have actual choice in how I play the game and not be forced to grind for 6th job and most people feel this way. You and the handful of people screaming and throwing a tantrum are the insane ones for not wanting people to have freedom to play mushroom game the way they want.

Nothing is stopping you from still endless grinding, but do not force other people to do the same just because you want to play this way. Other people want to progress their 6th job as well.
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2023
    Mira wrote: »
    Or, let people play how they want to. God this is such a horrible take.

I don't want to grind for hours to progress my 6th job. I rather grind for less than 30 minutes per day to do what would be hours otherwise.

What are you actually looking for?

Uncap = hours of farming per day to achieve the same 1k sol erda energy of the daily hard cap.
    Both situations is kill mobs and get sol erda energy.

So where is the gameplay difference here? What are you even saying? What are you even trying fight for?

Uncap and Cap is the same gameplay. One is you spend a lot more time on the game, the other is very time efficient, and 99% of players cannot grind for more than 1 hour.

So letting people do what they want is in favour of a daily cap that is very time efficient, you get your sol erda energy, get your fragments from bosses, and now you can do whatever you want to do after that point - do a quest line - guild castle - commerci voyage - play another game for the rest of the night - do chores around the home - watch a movie - or you can just mindlessly grind/farm for mesos and netflix still on MapleStory.

You are literally more free to do whatever you want with a cap because of how time efficient it is.

You just post this nonsense because you like it this way and seems you have tons of money to spent in this game to max your Hexa ? You just think of yoruself so selfish words - you probably are one of the less who seem to like this game change ???? You spend loads on Clover maybe aswell ........ I bet that this whole change will lead in people rage quit this game ...... Wonki is the reason Maple will be going downhill .
    pay 525 bucks only to take away a couple months of need to cap hexa ??? **** it .
  • JEFFssssssssJEFFssssssss
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2023

You will never be able to max out 6th job quickly until several years from now when 6th job is complete. Get this delusion out of your head now and your head out of your butt.

Removing the cap will not speed up progression, it will just waste your time instead. The cap makes it very time efficient so you can do whatever you want and Sol Erda Fragments are uncapped if you really need something to constantly farm for.

Ultimately, I want to have actual choice in how I play the game and not be forced to grind for 6th job and most people feel this way. You and the handful of people screaming and throwing a tantrum are the insane ones for not wanting people to have freedom to play mushroom game the way they want.

Nothing is stopping you from still endless grinding, but do not force other people to do the same just because you want to play this way. Other people want to progress their 6th job as well.

Cope all you want, you're making up numbers. We already have the Sol Erda rates from KMS and they get over 1 Sol Erda an hour. But hey, thanks for revealing your true intentions. You're just lazy and would prefer everyone crippled so you don't feel FOMO. Nobody is suggesting not having a daily for people like you though, you're suggesting that we get capped. Go away.
    DuskGuardTheBellTolls