[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How Do I Get To Vulpes?

ExperionExperion
Reactions: 300
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Is it possible to travel to Vulpes, without having to make a Shade? I'm trying to finish Grandis monster collection book.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Not possible. Even attempting to go there by way of HTR doesn't work. It tells you that you cannot approach due to the force of the ground or whatever.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • ChrisJGChrisJG
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    Wow. That is really a dumb(R-rated term but not saying it) move on Nexon's part, making an entire row of monster collection unavailable except to one specific character class for a short period of time. I'll make the Shade, but I am deleting him as soon as I get all of the monsters in that row out of spite. Why did they not make Fox Point Village visitable from Fox God Valley? Seriously, they need to fix this, remove those monsters from Monster Collection or relocate them to other places. Beast Tamer's tutorial areas has monsters you can't reach either, but at least they are kind enough not to put them in Monster Collection. :(
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Okay first off, you're at like an 8 and I'm gonna need you at about 3. Relax.

Now then, why would you delete the shade when you're done? You know shade's legion piece is crit damage, right? You'll have to make one at some point for that anyway, so why delete it when you're done? And honestly? I don't see the need for them to relocate mobs or remove them from the monster collection or fix anything related to this because, frankly, you're the only one who's ever had this much of a problem with the concept of areas being restricted to the tutorial segments of certain classes.

And as far as beast tamer goes, it's not kms content, so it makes sense that things in its area are not in the monster collection. You'll likely notice a lack of masteria mobs in the collection UI too.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    Experion wrote: »
    Is it possible to travel to Vulpes, without having to make a Shade? I'm trying to finish Grandis monster collection book.

Not possible, but maybe if you put your mind to it and believe maybe ;)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    riza wrote: »
    Experion wrote: »

Not possible, but maybe if you put your mind to it and believe maybe ;)

If you have nothing helpful to add, why post? All you've done is restate what others have said and then add irrelevant tripe.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    ChrisJG wrote: »
    Wow. That is really a dumb(R-rated term but not saying it) move on Nexon's part, making an entire row of monster collection unavailable except to one specific character class for a short period of time. I'll make the Shade, but I am deleting him as soon as I get all of the monsters in that row out of spite. Why did they not make Fox Point Village visitable from Fox God Valley? Seriously, they need to fix this, remove those monsters from Monster Collection or relocate them to other places. Beast Tamer's tutorial areas has monsters you can't reach either, but at least they are kind enough not to put them in Monster Collection. :(

The reason Beast Tamer didn't get any Monster Collection in her area is mostly due that all Monster Collection Monsters have to be in KMS and all other regions. Since Beast Tamer is absent from KMS, the monsters in her area are not in the collection. The same applies to Sengoku and World Tour areas.

• zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    The fox point village mobs are also really easy to add to your collection btw, since they're all so low lvl. I spend about as much time walking around the place as i did collecting the mobs. Shouldn't take more than 1-2 hours to get them all.
    And yeah, don't delete the shade. Even if you have no intention to grind it right away, you will at some point.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    Just a note: monsters in Sanctuary can only be accessed by Illium, similar to the situation here. One of the Savage Terminal mobs can only be fought by Cadena as well.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    -snip- One of the Savage Terminal mobs can only be fought by Cadena as well.

It's the only one I'm missing in there, is it a quest mob? I only remember fighting it during the storyline.