[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ANYONE ESLE CRASHING??

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I've been using the game launcher since merge haven't crashed.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    I can guarunteeingly tell you for a fact its NEXONS SERVERS. as soon as they reboot the game on Thursdays the lag is GONE. none at all unless you keep your character online too long and get a little common memory leak, but now I notice it has become persistently annoying and it has to be their end of the server. I cannot do daily bosses what-so-ever with this fps delay/ intense lag spike every other2 seconds, that's why everyone just hangs out in either fm or henesys now because the lag makes the game unplayable or so impossibly annoying to play its not worth the frustration.
  • SASSYCATHYSASSYCATHY
    Reactions: 710
    edited November 2016
    I have tried 2 different computers and game keeps crashing. Last night I got on for about an hour after over 20 tries, today not at all. TO NEXON; I GET YOU ARE DEALING WITH YOUR "GLOBAL TRANSITION" , BUT THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. IT NEEDS TO BEGIN WITH AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND APOLOGY TO YOUR LOYAL PLAYERS (PER A NEW MAPLE PROMISE). THEN FIX IT. TO NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE A PROBLEM, THAT I DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND. COME ON NEXON!
  • BluxarxenBluxarxen
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2016
    iTsMary
    iTsMary said:

well i went to control panel and tried to uninstall maplestory but somehow after clicking uninstall a window popped up saying maplestory is not fully uninstalled. but the mushroom icon in the control panel was gone. i just went back to nexon launcher and tried to reinstalled it but it just had a repair thingy icon there . oh yea i also delete the gamelauncher in the nexon/maplestory file
    Repairing worked for me too. I went to the launcher settings for maple and selected repair installation. Mine is working fine now. Haven't crashed since I did that.

• BrendenBrenden
    Reactions: 240
    edited November 2016
    Nothing seems to be working for me
  • lonkgyrotimelonkgyrotime
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    I'm on Steam and I have this same problem. It seems like you've found a fix for the in-house launcher, but I'm wondering if there might be a similar solution for those of us who play through Steam instead? I get the same "launch > region select > world select > character select > crash" pattern you guys are experiencing, if that helps.
  • VictorRinRin1VictorRinRin1
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    please nexon, make it work :(
  • lonkgyrotimelonkgyrotime
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    I've finally found a solution for my problem!
    Hopefully it works for you guys too.

For Windows users:
    - go into your command prompt as admin (Start>Search>"cmd">Command Prompt>right click>run as admin)
    - then enter "ipconfig /flushdns" into the console.
    - if you've done it right, it should say some fancy version of "hey we emptied your dns cache like you told us"

For Mac users:
    - go into your terminal (Applications>Utilities>Terminal)
    -enter:
    "sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder" for OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10.4+
    "sudo discoveryutil mdnsflushcache" for OSX 10.10.1 thru 10.10.3
    "sudo dscacheutil -flushcache" for OSX 10.6 and below
    - either enter your password if you are the admin, or have your admin enter their password
    - if you did it right, the terminal will not say anything.

QnA
    How will this help?
    This will empty your DNS cache, which stores the URLs of sites that you've connected to recently.
    (it's like your browser history, but system-wide, and 30% less useful)
    Doing this will let MapleStory's client actually connect to the servers it needs to, update to the real current version, and then launch without crashing after a whopping one minute.

Are you tricking me into bricking my computer?
    No, this won't delete System32 or anything like that.
    (again, it's like clearing your browser history, only for your entire computer instead of a specific program)

Again, I really hope this fixes everything for you, like it has for me.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Had a lot of crashing too...within me and my guild mates
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Crashing so much today , think it might be channel specific though.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    ya laggy, but just keep trying and then it works. also bera been duping so the entire server crashed like 10x 2 days ago