[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What would you add/ change in fifth job?

NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
Reactions: 1,240
edited November 2016 in General Chat
After thinking about jobs 1-4?

(wish list)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    How can you know what to add or change if you've yet to even see what there is to begin with? Shelve this thread and come back in about three weeks.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

How can you know what to add or change if you've yet to even see what there is to begin with? Shelve this thread and come back in about three weeks.
    More like a couple months.
    We're not getting the actual 5th job on the 30th. It will likely come in mid-December.

But I agree, we can't know what we'd change until we experience what we're getting first hand. Reading blogs or watching KMS videos is not enough.
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Well I was expecting more than just 1 skill but....I'll take the EXP curve reduction....
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    I'm really excited for it. The new demon avenger skill looks like a lot fun and will add more hp management to the class. Early on i have accidentally killed myself by not paying attention and i can already tell it will happen again with the new skill until i'm used it it.
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    BlargleDerg

I'm really excited for it. The new demon avenger skill looks like a lot fun and will add more hp management to the class. Early on i have accidentally killed myself by not paying attention and i can already tell it will happen again with the new skill until i'm used it it.
    Ahh a fellow demon avenger, the blood pool also seems pretty op but there's 1 thing I don't really understand about the skill. Does it have a cap? Let's say the 5th job skill is maxed so for every 2% max hp I lose I will get 1% damage. So if I lose 2% hp but recover it back do I still benefit from the %damage increase? Or do I need to keep my HP low to benefit from it? Because if the former is the case then this skill has infinite potential
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I was always expecting fifth job to have more depth than just one new unique skill per class plus a pool of common skills to choose from. I was hoping there'd be a whole new book of skills for each class, new class names (even though most would just go from IV -> V lol), and job advancement quests. But I guess that'd be too much work to implement and balance?
  • BlargleDergBlargleDerg
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    Its a % dmg increase per % hp consumed by the skill. If you can find a way to keep your hp throughout the skill very strict healing penalty then it would seem that you could keep getting a dmg boost. But nothing can heal you for more than 4% of your hp including hp pots and skill related things. It will definitely be interesting to experiment how high you can go without having to turn off the skill. But at max level the cd will only be 50sec. I do hope that the hp drain cannot kill you after say a boss 1-1s you. In that case you will have to be quick on the draw lol.
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited November 2016
    Maybe Bowman 5th job can be called Toxophilites?
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited November 2016
    aggraphine & akradian
    How can you know what to add or change if you've yet to even see what there is to begin with? Shelve this thread and come back in about three weeks

thats not true since gms its getting the same stuff kms delivered
    the sad truth is that the package its nothing to be amused if your main class just
    gets an old skill back and they call it 5th job... its not, also the skill its not even complete for starters

if you are evan or kinesis well have fun...
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

The update doesn't have to drop to know what some people want. I want a proper drain skill back on NL where I don't have to do some god forsaken, soul sucking gathering quest with a 0.0001% drop rate for the items. I also want NL to return to being the most mobile class (by buffing haste and giving it an additional passive effect of increasing our speed by another 30% _passively_). Its quite infuriating to see other classes out there have more mobility than a NL does. Its especially infuriating to see classes like BaM who have a passive walk speed that is almost 20% faster than my walk speed cap! I want my title as King of Mobility back :(

V update doesn't touch our haste skill but I wish it did. Change it to increasing our passive run speed to 160% and then have the maximum buffed run speed possible for us be 200% (and have haste get us at least to 190% if not 200% on its own).