[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Crusader codex (book)

ElGusanitoElGusanito
Reactions: 820
edited October 2016 in General Chat
So a friend told me that if u get every single monster card on ur crusader codex it becomes legendary which gives 60% pdr,
I wanted to ask u guys if that's true cuz im 99.999999999999999% sure he was lying even when he sounds like hes not.
From what I know tier u get depends on the set u choose and even if u don't have any card at all but the leafre set ull get unique, so does any1 have their crusader codex fully complete and can give a ss to proof if this is a lie?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Yeah he's full of it.

Never mind that you cannot possibly get every single card at this point. There are mobs in there that are, simply put, non-existent in the world anymore.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Yeah he's full of it.

Never mind that you cannot possibly get every single card at this point. There are mobs in there that are, simply put, non-existent in the world anymore.

Xd well yeah but he is a beta player like me soo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I had the book complete at one point. It just gave 8 allstat, and whichever set I chose (Leafre, most of the time).

Then they broke it, adding duplicate (and triplicate) monsters that are impossible to find, as well as monsters that don't drop cards at all. It is currently not possible to complete the Crusader Codex, even if you managed to get all the cards from areas that were later removed (as I did).
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I had the book complete at one point. It just gave 8 allstat, and whichever set I chose (Leafre, most of the time).

Then they broke it, adding duplicate (and triplicate) monsters that are impossible to find, as well as monsters that don't drop cards at all. It is currently not possible to complete the Crusader Codex, even if you managed to get all the cards from areas that were later removed (as I did).
    thanks that's really helpful, I didn't want to waste my time try to get as many monster cards as I could
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Your friend was almost right. Completing sets in the codex gives the codex experience, which can level it up (max level 10, even though we can only get to level 8). As you level it up, some set effects in the codex do get stronger, but they never get to Legendary. The most you get is that the Leafre set eventually goes to 35% PDR at either level 9 or 10, but we can't reach that anyway so....
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    How can i level it up?
    Anyway,my Codex is kinda weird too :(
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Codex is gliched at moment so it displays the wrong numbers of cards you collected, and you can't complete until they fix it( i guess they fixed it in JMS?...).

Also just because your friend is a Beta player doesn't mean he know all about the game, who knows how many times he quited since Big Bang
    BIackbean
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

Codex is gliched at moment so it displays the wrong numbers of cards you collected, and you can't complete until they fix it( i guess they fixed it in JMS?...).

Also just because your friend is a Beta player doesn't mean he know all about the game, who knows how many times he quited since Big Bang
    it's never been broken like this in JMS cause they keep it constantly updated (or have it updated enough)

JMS is far ahead of us in updates regarding the codex, and I mean years, which is just sad.

JMS have familiars with ranks beyond "legend" which are called "mythic" which is been around since the the first Sengoku update iirc, most of the monsters in JMS have a familiar and codex card, they also have a familiar potential system.

this is an update to it after RED that added Commerci, Gollux, and Reina Strait familliars and codex cards
    http://uni-wz.com/blog-entry-2270.html

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    @Catooolooo i remember i used to collect all the cards, but then i saw how useless was to collect so i kind stopped, also why don't they make more boost for the amount cards you colletct, would be cool people eventually getting cards to get more all stat in crusader codex since it's a perma item in your equip...( i thinked like every 100 points 1 all stat, would be pretty neat).
    Geez look at those sets, gollux one! i hope they uptate our codex like it's in JMS.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2018
    today in day is impossible recollect anyones monster type card
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    This thread is 2 years old. Please don't necro-bump old threads.
This discussion has been closed.