[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

LEARN JAPANESE WITH MAPLESTORY FANGAME

silentnightsilentnight
Reactions: 350
edited November 2016 in Fan Creations

I played Maplestory and grinding games over many years and had alot of fun and made many nice friends, but in its basics all i did was leveling up characters by running around in a map over many hours and killing monsters. I got used to learn vocabulary or learn for school while grinding. I always had one eye on the screen, the other eye in my books^^ One day i had the idea to put both together and started to create a maplestory fangame, where i can grind my japanese vocabulary :) The game is growing by every day, and i input more and more vocabulary. If you want to have a fast look feel free to watch this movie:

[VIDEO]

I wished some famous gamedesigners would create games like this in a professional way. Imagine there would be a MMORPG, where people move in a great world like maplestory and learn a new language :) I have seen people with so much potential who are grinding like 24 hours to get more and more Level Ups, but in the end one day the game server is closing and they lose their character. If they would learn something by grinding, they would be able to speak for example a new language after some years of grinding and if the server is getting closed they wont lose what they have earned :) Education MMORPGs would be really a great thing :D

Here are still some screenshots from my game, if you dont want to watch the video:

Characters are actually created by banned story, and then you can add them into the game and give a name :)

In every new map 5 new vocabulary are coming.

The higher the level of the monster, the more vocabulary it knows.

Nice training grounds :)

Yes... the game and the vocabulary is still growing by every day. :) If you like my idea and what i do, you can wait for more videos and things i will post here. If you know famous game designers tell them to make a professional game like this, where people can play and learn together :)

[Information: Iam not the owner of Maplestory or anything shown in my fangame. I just created a vocabulary trainer for myself with the game content and show it to people to tell them my idea, and how to improve MMORPGs for education reasons ;) Thats it. ]
AkihikoT_JettLuvsUKeyan the Evan

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    I like it, as someone that both speaks japanese and is actively learning japanese I would find this useful for my needs. It also reminds me of LRNJ Project's Slime forest game
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Catooolooo

I like it, as someone that both speaks japanese and is actively learning japanese I would find this useful for my needs. It also reminds me of LRNJ Project's Slime forest game
    Has LRNJ bee updated any? last update I see is in august, but idk of what year. I'd love to try out one of these types of games to see how it compares, but I don't want to waste time/money on a vastly incomplete game.
  • silentnightsilentnight
    edited December 2016
    For everybody who want to know how my vocabulary grinding is going on,
    ~> here is my new video with new content and a new boss :D
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=F7zwYx1f4nQ

Just for notice: Its a very private made fangame. I will never sell it or plan to make profit with this in anyway. My intention is to motivate others to keep learning and being creative by themself :)
    AkihikoT_
  • Sammy_KunSammy_Kun
    Reactions: 590
    edited December 2016
    Learning Japanese. Sounds like a good way to motivate.

Yet I can barely speak English as it is...
  • silentnightsilentnight
    edited December 2016
    By learning Japanese i improve my English alot aswell since like all Apps and education software for learning Japanese are in English ^^ So i decided to create even my own game in English, so more people can understand it :) By the way, here is a new video where i show how a new map is created in my game.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XG0K7CtBW50

Notice: Its a very private made fangame. I will never sell it or plan to make profit with this in anyway. My intention is to motivate others to keep learning and being creative by themself :)
    AkihikoT_
  • silentnightsilentnight
    edited December 2016
    Here are alot of new maps and vocabulary and a new boss in the end of the video :) Have a nice weekend!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=9R5xbhVWcxY

Notice: Its a very private made fangame. I will never sell it or plan to make profit with this in anyway. Its made for my own vocabulary learning. My intention is to motivate others to keep learning and being creative by themself :)
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    wait so can we download this somewhere and expand it ourselves? (or open source / anything of that sorts), as I'm studying game development myself i'd be very interested in this.