[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

A list of complaints about the code of conduct

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Out of date rules?
    The rule was just re-confirmed less than a month ago. How is it out-of-date?
    Because it restricts him from posting literally the only thing he ever talks about. It's funny because he talks like the rule is unfair and is negatively impacting nearly all of the forum users. When, back here in the real world, the only one negatively affected by it is, SURPRISE!, the guy whose actions made its existence a necessity.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Out of date rules?
    Out of date as in the rule is in need of review.
    When I made a legacy thread about a month ago, I stated that the rules had been "ninja changed" to clarify that, I meant the rules had been adjusted sometime after I initially finished the thread creation process and not that anyone had purposefully changed them to stop the thread. It was most likely an unfortunate coincidence and me jumping to conclusions and getting my hopes up.

Anyway if you re-read the first post of this thread you should be able to grasp what I am writing about. The rule was not made good, the basis for the rule is faulty and it does not do much except encourage undesirable behavior. Unless you somehow don't care about the "police" ignoring you when you try to explain yourself? Which is something I think that just about anybody should be able to relate to.
    You are the only one who thinks that the rule is in need of review, which is a pretty damn good argument that the rule is fine. There will always be someone who disagrees with any rule given, but since its only 1 person who disagrees with it, that means that overall the rule in question is having either no impact or a positive impact on the forums. Since it isn't negatively impacting the forums, there is no reason to review it. That's it, end of debate on that. Its pretty standard across all forums.
    NeoTokyoDude

gamechanger

No, the topic needed to be banned. You were there, you saw how nasty it was, how pissed off it was making people.
    Why was it getting nasty and people getting mad? There is no good reason for such behavior.
    Simply put, if another player is breaking a forum rule then the thing to do is make a report.
    If not and the other player is not breaking any rules at that moment, raging against them is baseless and solves nothing. Just because people have differences of opinion on something (even on how long to pursue a question) those differences are not an excuse to turn hostile. That is my thinking in any case. No one is being forced to click on and read threads that they do not want to.
    Thing is, you were breaking the rules. Whether you want to accept it or not, you were spamming threads left and right on the same topic in the weeks leading up to the new rule. Once people started calling you out, you started posting threads that were designed to look as if they were about a different topic, which is also spam. You were spamming the forums, which is against the code of conduct.
    Spamming
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
    - Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed.
    - Intentionally necro-bumping will result in disciplinary action.
    It was beyond ridiculous honestly, and you either can't or won't accept that fact.

And stop trying to shift the blame to the people who got upset over your threads. You knew 100% what type of reaction to expect from each thread you made in the weeks leading up to the ban and yet you intentionally kept creating them, some of them in direct contradiction to the new rule in place, and no one knows why. You intentionally created threads that you knew were hotly debated topics and you knew tensions would rise when you made them over and over. You cannot shift that blame onto the people who did get upset over this, as you share a large part of the responsibility for it.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Artasi said that he thought they were open to the idea. Key word being thought. CM have been hilariously wrong before (HPR "never" coming back is a prime example), so this doesn't actually count as a statement from the community. This is a personal statement from Artasi, and in no way reflects the way the company thinks. In general if you want something set in stone, you better have a quote from Waltzing himself or its not set in stone. Not to mention that this was 2 years ago anyway, and Nexon has changed directors multiple times in those 2 years, so the company as a whole is not headed down the same path it was when this was said.
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Out of date rules?
    Because it restricts him from posting literally the only thing he ever talks about. It's funny because he talks like the rule is unfair and is negatively impacting nearly all of the forum users. When, back here in the real world, the only one negatively affected by it is, SURPRISE!, the guy whose actions made its existence a necessity.
    This is a complaint about my complaints which for this thread is spam.
    gamechanger

NeoTokyoDude

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Out of date rules?
    Out of date as in the rule is in need of review.
    When I made a legacy thread about a month ago, I stated that the rules had been "ninja changed" to clarify that, I meant the rules had been adjusted sometime after I initially finished the thread creation process and not that anyone had purposefully changed them to stop the thread. It was most likely an unfortunate coincidence and me jumping to conclusions and getting my hopes up.

Anyway if you re-read the first post of this thread you should be able to grasp what I am writing about. The rule was not made good, the basis for the rule is faulty and it does not do much except encourage undesirable behavior. Unless you somehow don't care about the "police" ignoring you when you try to explain yourself? Which is something I think that just about anybody should be able to relate to.
    You are the only one who thinks that the rule is in need of review, which is a pretty damn good argument that the rule is fine. There will always be someone who disagrees with any rule given, but since its only 1 person who disagrees with it, that means that overall the rule in question is having either no impact or a positive impact on the forums. Since it isn't negatively impacting the forums, there is no reason to review it. That's it, end of debate on that. Its pretty standard across all forums.
    NeoTokyoDude

gamechanger

No, the topic needed to be banned. You were there, you saw how nasty it was, how pissed off it was making people.
    Why was it getting nasty and people getting mad? There is no good reason for such behavior.
    Simply put, if another player is breaking a forum rule then the thing to do is make a report.
    If not and the other player is not breaking any rules at that moment, raging against them is baseless and solves nothing. Just because people have differences of opinion on something (even on how long to pursue a question) those differences are not an excuse to turn hostile. That is my thinking in any case. No one is being forced to click on and read threads that they do not want to.
    Thing is, you were breaking the rules. Whether you want to accept it or not, you were spamming threads left and right on the same topic in the weeks leading up to the new rule. Once people started calling you out, you started posting threads that were designed to look as if they were about a different topic, which is also spam. You were spamming the forums, which is against the code of conduct.
    Spamming
    - Do not create multiple threads of the same topic or discussions to overwhelm the forums.
    - Bumping (repeated posting on a thread to keep it going or visible) is also not allowed.
    - Intentionally necro-bumping will result in disciplinary action.
    It was beyond ridiculous honestly, and you either can't or won't accept that fact.

And stop trying to shift the blame to the people who got upset over your threads. You knew 100% what type of reaction to expect from each thread you made in the weeks leading up to the ban and yet you intentionally kept creating them, some of them in direct contradiction to the new rule in place, and no one knows why. You intentionally created threads that you knew were hotly debated topics and you knew tensions would rise when you made them over and over. You cannot shift that blame onto the people who did get upset over this, as you share a large part of the responsibility for it.
    Just because you send a huge wall of text at me doesn't mean I'm not going to read it. Judging by the tone of the post I can determine that you have ignored most of my previous posts that already covered these questions quite extensively so I will try to give a more condensed reply. Your post confuses past and present tense and makes a lot of assumptions. The rest is covered by the forum being 100% voluntary. If you don't like the thread then you don't need to be here. Furthermore as someone who made a quote from the code of conduct, you of all people should know that the forum has several rules against targeting other people. Obviously if a person is breaking a rule then they should be reported but that is the most that you or anyone should do. Someone violating a rule is not an excuse for others to violate different rules of conduct.
    gamechanger

Artasi said that he thought they were open to the idea. Key word being thought. CM have been hilariously wrong before (HPR "never" coming back is a prime example), so this doesn't actually count as a statement from the community. This is a personal statement from Artasi, and in no way reflects the way the company thinks. In general if you want something set in stone, you better have a quote from Waltzing himself or its not set in stone. Not to mention that this was 2 years ago anyway, and Nexon has changed directors multiple times in those 2 years, so the company as a whole is not headed down the same path it was when this was said.
    Why did you take someone else's post and attach it to my name?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    And this whole thread is a complaint about a rule that you yourself caused to be made. And you yourself are the only one who thinks it unfair.

You must be trolling at this point, I refuse to believe anyone can be that oblivious.
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

And this whole thread is a complaint about a rule that you yourself caused to be made. And you yourself are the only one who thinks it unfair.

You must be trolling at this point, I refuse to believe anyone can be that oblivious.
    Why are you still replying here? I would be glad to try and convince you about my point of view but you are not even responding to the topic.

This is another reason why the Old MS server thread rule should be reviewed. Old MS threads have had to deal with this brand of intolerance for a long time going back before I joined the old Nexon forum and its threads deserve another chance. If players help moderators in keeping the peace then I know Old MS threads can be carried out with positive results.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    You want to talk "on topic"?
    OK.

Why is this thread titled "a list of complaints about the code of conduct" when it's just a single complaint about a single clause in the code?

This is just a tiny example of what we mean when we say you disguise your threads. Why didn't you name the thread "The Old Maple rule should be overturned", which is what it actually is about?
    Marysegamechanger
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016

Why exactly do they deserve another chance? Are 24 previous chances not sufficient for you?
    MaryseNiightseekerWillScarlet
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You want to talk "on topic"?
    OK.

Why is this thread titled "a list of complaints about the code of conduct" when it's just a single complaint about a single clause in the code?

This is just a tiny example of what we mean when we say you disguise your threads. Why didn't you name the thread "The Old Maple rule should be overturned", which is what it actually is about?
    That is kind of a nitpick but its because I have multiple complaints about the Old Maple rule and its relation to other rules within the code of conduct. For example, why be so hard on Old MS but let so many other things slide? Although I like the title you came up with too.
    Aggraphine

Why exactly do they deserve another chance? Are 24 previous chances not sufficient for you?
    Off the top of my head, I believe that only maybe 5 of those threads actually asked for a server and add another that was (obviously) not completely serious. If you had been paying attention during the Old maple vs Current maple thread, (post topic ban) I already previously explained that the purpose in most of my Old MS threads was to gather information or to refine the suggestion. Its just plain silly to assume that I would make a large number of duplicate threads without changing anything.

Besides you know as well as I do that almost all Old MS threads ended up in ruin.

But that is the past and there are zero Old MS threads on this version of the forum. In a way it represents a new chance for many things, namely a Legacy server thread that does not get burned down to the ground. (assuming that the unfair rule is changed)
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT CLOSED.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Report it?

Closing it will accomplish nothing, anyway. NTD will just start another one.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

To answer your last question first. That was a mistake, I'm still trying to get used to editing quotes in here. I don't generally like quoting a large wall of text, and will edit it down. I must have messed up which blockquote tags got deleted and which ones got left.

To the first part of your comment. This is ridiculous. I didn't ignore any of your previous comments, you just keep dancing around the issue no matter who is replies to you. Its very clear what you are going for here, and you need to stop. Also its nice how you just illustrated exactly what I said you did. You tried to shift the blame to me when it is you who keeps making threads knowing 100% the type of reaction you will receive, and then you always act surprised at it.

This whole thread, like the rest of the ones you made on the old forums, is just a very poor mask over an underlying issue. You don't have a list of complaints about the code of conduct. You are upset because you feel singled out and that the rule was put in place to shut you up (which, even if this was the case, it clearly didn't work). But this is a false premise. The rule was put in place to keep order in the forums, and to prevent discussions that devolve in a very similar manner to the way this thread is devolving right now. Its on you if you truly cannot talk about anything except Old Maplestory.

Its clear that you fundamentally do not understand why the rule was even implemented, which means that no thread you ever create, no response you ever get, will get through to you.

Stop making new threads about this, they accomplish nothing.

And don't bother responding to this comment either. I won't be coming back into this thread to read it, as its clear I cannot get through to you and you will always dance around the main issue and try to shift blame. Never saying anything concrete on the matter. You have been given ways to get in contact with Nexon. You have been givens ideas as to how to form a proper proposal, and you either ignore or shoot them all down, never bothering to actually act on your desire to see an old version server.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    The rule is not changing.
    Badgering me, and annoying the other forum users is not conducive to what you are trying to accomplish, @NeoTokyoDude .

Please do not make another thread about Old Maple, Legacy Servers, the forum rules pertaining to these discussions, or anything related to them.
    MaryseAKradianNiightseekerAggraphineYonaxInvulgoKeepComingBackMegaScienceIts2Sharp4UWillScarlet
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited October 2016
    dear lordy OP is made up of facepalm.
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

NeoTokyoDude

To answer your last question first. That was a mistake, I'm still trying to get used to editing quotes in here. I don't generally like quoting a large wall of text, and will edit it down. I must have messed up which blockquote tags got deleted and which ones got left.

To the first part of your comment. This is ridiculous. I didn't ignore any of your previous comments, you just keep dancing around the issue no matter who is replies to you. Its very clear what you are going for here, and you need to stop. Also its nice how you just illustrated exactly what I said you did. You tried to shift the blame to me when it is you who keeps making threads knowing 100% the type of reaction you will receive, and then you always act surprised at it.

This whole thread, like the rest of the ones you made on the old forums, is just a very poor mask over an underlying issue. You don't have a list of complaints about the code of conduct. You are upset because you feel singled out and that the rule was put in place to shut you up (which, even if this was the case, it clearly didn't work). But this is a false premise. The rule was put in place to keep order in the forums, and to prevent discussions that devolve in a very similar manner to the way this thread is devolving right now. Its on you if you truly cannot talk about anything except Old Maplestory.

Its clear that you fundamentally do not understand why the rule was even implemented, which means that no thread you ever create, no response you ever get, will get through to you.

And don't bother responding to this comment either. I won't be coming back into this thread to read it, as its clear I cannot get through to you and you will always dance around the main issue and try to shift blame. Never saying anything concrete on the matter. You have been given ways to get in contact with Nexon. You have been givens ideas as to how to form a proper proposal, and you either ignore or shoot them all down, never bothering to actually act on your desire to see an old version server.
    I am following the code of conduct.
    Complaining about a rule is well within the rules.
    Harassing other people is not.
    There is no valid justification for intolerance if the other person is operating within the rules of the time.

Who is annoying who?
    Any annoyance being suffered over topics like this one is self inflicted.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    NeoTokyoDude

gamechanger

NeoTokyoDude

I am following the code of conduct.
    Complaining about a rule is well within the rules.
    Harassing other people is not.
    There is no valid justification for intolerance if the other person is operating within the rules of the time.

Who is annoying who?
    Any annoyance being suffered over topics like this one is self inflicted.
    KThxBaiNao

The rule is not changing.
    Badgering me, and annoying the other forum users is not conducive to what you are trying to accomplish, @NeoTokyoDude .

Please do not make another thread about Old Maple, Legacy Servers, the forum rules pertaining to these discussions, or anything related to them.
    There's your answer. No one wants to hear it. NO ONE. Now cease your incessant jabbering. Your constant insistence that you're not running afoul of forum rules is doing you no favors. Neither did two dozen old maple threads on the old forums. But you're obviously too dense to see that.

Open your eyes. Take off the "old maple is the best" blinders. Look around you. You have absolutely no support, and even the CM in here telling you to stop. Yet you're going to continue, because you're incapable of seeing any point of view outside of your own, and you attempt to mask it under the guise of being passionate for what you believe in or complaining about "certain unfair sections of the rules" when literally everyone knows what you're trying to get at. You are not clever. You are annoying. Stop.
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

There's your answer. No one wants to hear it. NO ONE. Now cease your incessant jabbering. Your constant insistence that you're not running afoul of forum rules is doing you no favors. Neither did two dozen old maple threads on the old forums. But you're obviously too dense to see that.

Open your eyes. Take off the "old maple is the best" blinders. Look around you. You have absolutely no support, and even the CM in here telling you to stop. Yet you're going to continue, because you're incapable of seeing any point of view outside of your own, and you attempt to mask it under the guise of being passionate for what you believe in or complaining about "certain unfair sections of the rules" when literally everyone knows what you're trying to get at. You are not clever. You are annoying. Stop.
    You want to know what I am "trying to get at"? If you think I am violating a rule than by all means make a report, otherwise there is nothing to complain about.
    I can see that the entire message of this thread has not reached you, so I will break it down.

Of course one cannot always tell what kind of a person someone is in real life only from the internet but I will say that there are plenty of things that I like and plenty of things that I dislike. Some time ago when I first signed up for the old Nexon forum, it was not long before I noticed something. That most of the creators for Old MS threads had a bully problem. I cannot say why no one was helping them or stopping the bullies but I knew what I was going to do. So if you were wondering why I remain dedicated after so much time, that is part of one reason why.

I don't like bullying IRL and I don't like it on the internet. Old MS has been bullied for a long time and I will not stand for it on my watch. Not even for a second.

No matter how low the success chance goes for an Old MS server, I will remain open to the idea. Although others are free to disagree and have opinions of their own.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2016
    So once again, you prove beyond all doubt that not only are you blind to anything outside of the realm of your wants, but you're also so short-sighted that you cannot see the absolute lack of support you have in this thread, as well as the lack of support you had in your previous threads. You act like you're an exception to the rules, especially the one that, and I cannot stress this enough for you obviously, was created solely because of you.

You are either mentally deficient to some degree or a troll. No one could be this oblivious to the reactions they get and not have something wrong with them on some level.

This will be my last post on this thread. You are blind, you will not stop. You have shrugged off every suggestion you have ever been given in regards to getting your legacy server idea heard by someone at Nexon, claiming that, somehow, you are not responsible for doing the legwork to get your idea off the ground. I honestly feel like every post of yours I read gives me brain damage. I have never, in all my years of being active in various communities online, seen someone act like you. Blind to all but their own wants, ignorant and oblivious to any non-positive reaction they receive, and thinking themselves an exception to a rule that was made because of their actions.

If you were to, for any reason at all, disappear from the forums, you would not be missed. Of that, I can assure you.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

I THOUGHT YOU WERE A FORUM MOD ALL THESE YEARS??? I'M SO CONFUSED RN.

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited October 2016
    I don't know what's going on but I feel like this video has some relevance..
    **TRIGGER WARNING: LANGUAGE**

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST I JUST REALIZED ):
This discussion has been closed.