[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[EVENT] Burning character "Request Failed"

Comments

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited July 2017
    Passed it on again!
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone, except maybe the ever-optimistic VFM's, that this bug is still present in the current Mega Burning Event.

I'm here to confirm that the bug is still there. My friend just got bit by it.
  • ZephyrWanZephyrWan
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Yup same here.
  • iBrightShadeiBrightShade
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    EDIT: The status of the ticket I submitted is now "solved," when clearly the issue has not been.

I submitted a ticket and the status of it is now "pending" after a GM responded saying they will "look into it."

I also spoke with live chat today (GM Marezi) and they said that requests like these will not be fixed right away because they need to find the root cause. GM Marezi also said that they will reach out to those affected via the website IF there is a resolution or "significant update."

Paraphrasing, slim chance it's going to be fixed.
  • iBrightShadeiBrightShade
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2017
    [BUMP]

Nexon should be giving compensation to the people in this thread. So sad for a company to just blatantly ignore the problem.

OR AT LEAST FIX the text in the event details so no one else is affected by this dumb bug.
  • ZephyrWanZephyrWan
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    rip free nx and mesos. I'll be back next year :(
  • RyougaRyouga
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    Same here! I can't create a character with burning event, i deleted my char cause' i wrong choosing demon class than i create again but show me this messege "Request failed".

EDIT: This has happened since 07/07/2017 - TODAY
  • NameIsJacobHereNameIsJacobHere
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Same for me, i contacted GM and they say they are aware, and working on it, hope its fixed soon, i wanna burn my new character soooo baddd
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Good news, everyone!

No, the bug has not been fixed.
    But the update notes for the next burning season no longer say that you can burn a new character after deleting the first one. Instead, they say
    Nexon wrote: »
    Choose wisely, however, as you can only make one character a Burning character.
    So at least people who carefully read the notes will not get Nexon'ed.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Still happening in the August Burning Project.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6tyhi9/psa_do_not_delete_your_burning_character/

And the update notes are back to saying you can delete and reburn, so...
  • Anson_WuAnson_Wu
    edited August 2017
    This is still broken, any suggestion and/or solutions to this problem?
  • choorliechoorlie
    Reactions: 305
    edited August 2017
    don't remain too hopeful that it'll be fixed. it's been like this since last year and there still hasn't been any solution. or compensation for accounts affected.

i recommend submitting a ticket, it probably won't change anything but maybe if enough people submit tickets they'll take it serious.
  • LumtarocLumtaroc
    Reactions: 600
    edited January 2018
    I cannot remake a burning character. It say failed on any that I try to make.