[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

frenzy totem

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    My feelings are this, they shouldn't sell anything in the game that makes you stronger or gives you an unfair advantages as far as efficiency unless it's also obtainable through playing the game, and they should especially not make something that already exists within the game weaker in order to increase sales of an items they are introducing as pay only options hence the kishin nerf vs the frenzy totem, this is a big part of why people flock to reboot servers where while its not perfect its far more fair and equal regardless of how much you spend or don't spend on the game
    BanksAramyBassi_sama
  • BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

My feelings are this, they shouldn't sell anything in the game that makes you stronger or gives you an unfair advantages as far as efficiency unless it's also obtainable through playing the game, and they should especially not make something that already exists within the game weaker in order to increase sales of an items they are introducing as pay only option hence the kishin nerf vs the frenzy totem, this is a big part of why people flock to reboot servers where while its not perfect its far more fair and equal regardless of how much you spend or don't spend on the game
    See, this is the kind of feedback that is reasonable. I totally agree with you @PlasticHolly. Maybe we as a community can push that up to see if maybe something can be changed? I think it is personally a good idea.

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Banks
    Banks said:

PlasticHolly

My feelings are this, they shouldn't sell anything in the game that makes you stronger or gives you an unfair advantages as far as efficiency unless it's also obtainable through playing the game, and they should especially not make something that already exists within the game weaker in order to increase sales of an items they are introducing as pay only option hence the kishin nerf vs the frenzy totem, this is a big part of why people flock to reboot servers where while its not perfect its far more fair and equal regardless of how much you spend or don't spend on the game
    See, this is the kind of feedback that is reasonable. I totally agree with you @PlasticHolly. Maybe we as a community can push that up to see if maybe something can be changed? I think it is personally a good idea.

The reason I keep asking you if you even play this game is because that has been done NUMEROUS times. Only to get ignored. Go ahead, be the good positive voice from the community and open your mouth so Nexon can fart in it. When being nice and understanding doesn't work, it's human nature to resort to the opposite. Mean and indifference. I'll leave you alone and just see for yourself. @me when you make nexon hear us out. Till then, goodbye.
  • BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Banks
    Banks said:

PlasticHolly

The reason I keep asking you if you even play this game is because that has been done NUMEROUS times. Only to get ignored. Go ahead, be the good positive voice from the community and open your mouth so Nexon can fart in it. When being nice and understanding doesn't work, it's human nature to resort to the opposite. Mean and indifference. I'll leave you alone and just see for yourself. @me when you make nexon hear us out. Till then, goodbye.
    Thank you for entrusting me with this task. I will @forumsareannoying when I succeed.

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    Another reason this is relevant now, there was an undocumented nerf to holy symbol in this patch, where it's now additive rather than multiplicative as it was before , meaning coupled with other experience boosting modifiers it gives significantly less experience gain now.... So can we expect a new cash item that now gives the old holy symbol affect?
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I can't believe it's the fourth page this is having to be posted on - but the Frenzy Totem had its spawn rates reduced to be the exact same as Kishins months ago. Not only that but GMS's version of Kishin is still the strongest one found in any version of Maplestory.

In short, the Frenzy Totem is not pay to win. It does not offer anything that isn't already available for free since it now has the same rates as Kishin, and it even prevents you from using a Dark Totem which is the best in slot equip for totems.

There you have it.
    The Blue Corsair
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

It's only going to get worse. I just pray they don't add the lvl200 gear into marvel or books. That would be absolutely disgusting. Boss gear should have never made it into marvel in the first place.
    Marvel should of never existed in the first place.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    VerusAstrum

I can't believe it's the fourth page this is having to be posted on - but the Frenzy Totem had its spawn rates reduced to be the exact same as Kishins months ago. Not only that but GMS's version of Kishin is still the strongest one found in any version of Maplestory.

In short, the Frenzy Totem is not pay to win. It does not offer anything that isn't already available for free since it now has the same rates as Kishin, and it even prevents you from using a Dark Totem which is the best in slot equip for totems.

There you have it.
    Huh, where did you get your information? Frenzy totem is not the same as kishin and that is a fact. Whatever GMS staff are telling you is wrong. Frenzy totem is better. Frenzy totem offers 70% more spawn while kishin is 50%. You also remember they nerfed Kishin and released the totem not too long after which is a disgusting move btw. Since the staff don't play the game they didn't understand it was even nerfed when people brought it up ages back. We had to submit videos and even then we still didn't get the spawn delay fixed to it's old values.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    The totem was updated shortly after the whole thing had settled down and the change was undocumented. If you know anyone who actually has one then feel free to ask around. If you don't know anyone personally then you can hop into various popular Maplestory streams and see them in action or find people in the chats who do have them.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    PlasticHolly

Peep
    Peep said:

It's only going to get worse. I just pray they don't add the lvl200 gear into marvel or books. That would be absolutely disgusting. Boss gear should have never made it into marvel in the first place.
    agreed, this is the very definition of pay to win, you dont even have to know how to fight the bosses in order to get the rewards much less beat them, just buy a lottery ticket or 50 and hope for the best

pulling high level gear from books/gach/marvels is actually more common then that

im going be honest here depending on the boss that drops it and the stats it gives
    if its good and if the boss is hard... it would be better to have some lv200 gear come from them....

as most maple history players needed the past best in slot to get the new best in slot for a long time remember when timeless 120 set was actually rare/impossible to get and abyss set was just a legend? only ones who could challenge pink bean at time were thos with considered godly gear of the 110 equips

having it in cash shop help players have a option to get it while its not a 1 time thing it slowly becomes more common until its replaced by something better stat wise and lowers in value so everyone can end up being able to own one all and all i think it was kind unfair kannas had a skill that overpowered when it comes to basic mobing training...

theirs also the fact they could nerf'd kanna without giving us totem at all
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2016
    So much salt
    so little popcorn
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2016
    How is it shocking news? This is just normal nexon procedure. It'd be shocking if they DIDN'T put it in marvel.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2016
    B>Frenzy totem 200bil mesos

T>lots of 10stars+ tyrants & LGR & 30% main stat gear for Frenzy totem

f3....