[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bishop Voyage Problem

KingSKingS
Reactions: 550
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Hi, I recently just came back to the game and noticed something that might be a glitch and is+ slightly frustrating (At least I think it is)

In the voyages, the dragon keeps pushing my 199 bishop back because mages don't have good stance/ any permanent moves to add to stance.

Every time the dragon pushes me back I try to teleport back to him (which firstly sucks because teleport doesn't go far vs classes which can jump super far) but what is extremely annoying is that when I try to teleport to the right by the crates to reach the dragon, my character goes under them, only to be teleported back, in a loop which drives me crazy as the dragon keeps pushing me back too. It really is hard considering other classes can literally stand there and kill the dragon, but I have to settle with occasionally killing it depending on if it's nice enough to not hit me all the way back.

I've also read that battle mages apparently can teleport under the ship and not get hit by the boss? But not sure if that still happens. And I am aware of the mihile link skill which apparently only lasts x seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem on their bishop/mage?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2016
    Super knock back on monster is not really glitch.

Bishop and the other explorer mage class has the 4th job skill "Infinity" which give 40 sec of 50% power stance.
    Bishop also have the 50% buff duration skill which will give Mihile link skill plenty of extra time.

Wearing Snowshoes from the El Nath armor shop will reduces knockback as long as you are standing on the ground.

You can get the epic/unique/legendary tier potential "+1/2/3 second invincibility after being attack" on your overall/top to give yourself more time to walk up to it and hug it.
  • SaiyajinSaiyajin
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    I think he was mainly referring to being teleported back in a loop as a glitch.

Snow shoes are good but if he already has shoes that are well scrolled, it wouldn't really help him much, other than lowering his damage. Especially if he isn't well funded, any extra damage he can get is better than decreasing it. On the other hand, if it stops him from being knocked back, then he might be able to kill the dragon in time.
    KingS
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2016
    The only glitch here is the existence of the ledge under the boat that provide a valid target to be teleported onto. It was never there before.

The "teleport back" is there to prevent people from teleporting under the boat to fight the dragon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The recent Commerci update (when it turned into a "theme dungeon") added an extra platform under the raised one. An extension of the deck under the crates, if you will.
    Before this platform existed, teleporting right (or using certain movement skills like Rush) would take you up to the raised platform which is where you want to be to fight the boss.
    Now that the platform is there, tele/rush takes you to it - but this platform is coded to not allow you to stand on it, and instantly teleports you to the middle of the boat. You have to carefully walk, or fj if you have it, up to the top platform.
    That extra platform needs to be removed. It serves no purpose but to be annoying.

Meanwhile, as Rexaar said, get Mihile's link skill. Its cooldown is 180 seconds. It lasts 110 (at level 2). With Bishop's Buff Mastery, that 110 becomes 165. Which leaves you with only 15 seconds out of every 180 without Stance. If you want to get rid of even those 15 seconds, get a Mechanic character card.

By the way, Kannas have it even worse. Their teleport doesn't work at all on the boat, so when they get knocked back to the left end, they have to walk all the way right.
    KingS
  • KingSKingS
    edited October 2016
    Rexaar
    Rexaar said:

Super knock back on monster is not really glitch.

Bishop and the other explorer mage class has the 4th job skill "Infinity" which give 40 sec of 50% power stance.
    Bishop also have the 50% buff duration skill which will give Mihile link skill plenty of extra time.

Wearing Snowshoes from the El Nath armor shop will reduces knockback as long as you are standing on the ground.

You can get the epic/unique/legendary tier potential "+1/2/3 second invincibility after being attack" on your overall/top to give yourself more time to walk up to it and hug it.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The recent Commerci update (when it turned into a "theme dungeon") added an extra platform under the raised one. An extension of the deck under the crates, if you will.
    Before this platform existed, teleporting right (or using certain movement skills like Rush) would take you up to the raised platform which is where you want to be to fight the boss.
    Now that the platform is there, tele/rush takes you to it - but this platform is coded to not allow you to stand on it, and instantly teleports you to the middle of the boat. You have to carefully walk, or fj if you have it, up to the top platform.
    That extra platform needs to be removed. It serves no purpose but to be annoying.

Meanwhile, as Rexaar said, get Mihile's link skill. Its cooldown is 180 seconds. It lasts 110 (at level 2). With Bishop's Buff Mastery, that 110 becomes 165. Which leaves you with only 15 seconds out of every 180 without Stance. If you want to get rid of even those 15 seconds, get a Mechanic character card.

By the way, Kannas have it even worse. Their teleport doesn't work at all on the boat, so when they get knocked back to the left end, they have to walk all the way right.
    Thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, i was mainly referring to that platform glitch. I feel reallllyyy bad for the Kanna's. This makes me so frustrated so cannot imagine how they feel. I just tied in the other issues I had with the voyage which overshadowed my main point about not being able to teleport to the right when i am knocked back, so i never get to really hit the dragon.

I really hope this extra platform is removed... i find it hard enough to take down the dragon on top of not having an easy way (tele) to get back to it.

Also, hopefully the Kanna's get justice lol

Thanks for the advice,

• KingSKingS
    edited October 2016
    Saiyajin
    Saiyajin said:

I think he was mainly referring to being teleported back in a loop as a glitch.

Snow shoes are good but if he already has shoes that are well scrolled, it wouldn't really help him much, other than lowering his damage. Especially if he isn't well funded, any extra damage he can get is better than decreasing it. On the other hand, if it stops him from being knocked back, then he might be able to kill the dragon in time.
    This is my argument summed up nicer lol

I kind of feel changing the shoes will reduce my damage to the point where i cannot kill this dragon. The link skill should help :)